Recent

Author Topic: Custom Drawn Controls advances  (Read 150824 times)

airpas

Re: Custom Drawn Controls advances
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2013, 12:46:52 pm »
Here an image in order to show some of the possibilities MSEgui provides out of the box.
looks good, i think this is the deference between lazarus and mseide/msegui , msegui gives too much possibility to the designer . make the interface design much fun  , ppl just don't realize the power msegui.

but thats because of the lack of documents and good demos .

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2013, 10:44:07 pm »
so for uniform mobile apps we must migrate to js +html + css + phonegap ? >:D

Since when is anything "web" uniform? Just set the font a bit higher in a browser, and most already screw up the layout.

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2013, 08:26:34 pm »
Since when is anything "web" uniform? Just set the font a bit higher in a browser, and most already screw up the layout.
We seldom agree, but with that we definitely agree. :-D  The web is anything but uniform or standardised.
--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

Blestan

« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2013, 09:21:34 pm »
oh! ok! so, we do not need do write mobile apps at all -?pascal will stick to desktop until his dead ;))) come on!  where did i wrote that mobile app = web app?  just the oposite ... we need a mobile framework to avoid phonegap ... 10 years ago lazarus desktop was not uniform - remember? so a little efort to build a mobile lazarus?
Speak postscript or die!
Translate to pdf and live!

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2013, 09:53:43 pm »
oh! ok! so, we do not need do write mobile apps at all -?

I don't know. I think it depends on why you are writing mobile apps.

pascal will stick to desktop until his dead ;)))

Your words, not mine. Personally I think the current form and business models of mobile computer will be dead sooner than the current form of desktop computing.

come on!  where did i wrote that mobile app = web app?  just the oposite ... we need a mobile framework to avoid phonegap ... 10 years ago lazarus desktop was not uniform - remember? so a little efort to build a mobile lazarus?

You call something little effort and 10 years in one sentence ?:-)

If you feel so strongly, start working on it? Personally  I don't believe the current mobile platforms are stable enough for such long term crossplatform developments as Lazarus. 

CaptBill

« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2013, 05:08:05 am »

If you feel so strongly, start working on it? Personally  I don't believe the current mobile platforms are stable enough for such long term crossplatform developments as Lazarus.

Ideally, a "mobile platform" should simply be a light weight distro of Linux, with a window manager made for small screens. That would be ideal.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2013, 10:28:16 am »
Currently I limit fpGUI to desktop and embedded systems (WinCE, Linux-ARM like Raspberry Pi, handheld scanners etc).
With more then a million Raspberry Pi devices out there, Pi App Store becomes an attractive target. Maybe you can pack fpGUI for it? Seeing how other non-Pascal tools are slow and limited on Pi, I am sure it could be a win-win.
http://store.raspberrypi.com/projects?category=all&sort-by=price-high&status=finished&store=pi&sku-type=all&category=dev-tools

I welcome contributions in that direction though. But like Martin, I think for mobile phones and tables, it is better to use the native design tools and frameworks. Cross-platform frameworks never work very well on such mobile devices.
Smart Mobile Studio has an interesting approach in targeting mobile devices. Not for all usage scenarios, but still interesting.
http://smartmobilestudio.com
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

Josh

« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2017, 12:29:00 am »
Just started to experiment wiuth custom drawn Controls.
I placed a tCDButton on a form, and the button renders ok.
When I run the application it renders much differently, ie I get a dotted line as a bevel.
is there a way to change this?

i was assuming that custom control would give my access to all drawn parts, ir change the border color, width and style as well as background and text.

Am I missing something.

Win 10 64, laz 1.8rc5

Code: [Select]
uses
  Classes, SysUtils, FileUtil, Forms, Controls, Graphics, Dialogs,
  CustomDrawnControls,customdrawn_common;

The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

eric

« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2017, 07:53:05 am »
That looks like the indicator that the control is selected (in focus). Nothing to do with the bevel. Try tabbing away from it, or click on something else.

Josh

« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2017, 08:17:19 am »
Hi Eric,

Thanks, I had noty thought of that. That indeed what was causing that.

Can I stop that?
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2017, 03:15:58 pm »
Can I stop that?
It's called the Focus Rectangle. In fpGUI (another custom drawn toolkit) you can modify how the focus rectangle renders. Maybe the same can be done in the LCL Custom Drawn widgetset.

Alternatively, use a TSpeedButton which doesn't allow keyboard focus - so you can only activate it with a mouse. This is often used in application toolbars. fpGUI's TfpgButton supports everything in one control..... Images, non focusable state, embedded button state, group state (when combined with more buttons), multi-line captions etc. That's the beautif of custom drawn controls - there really is no limit in what they can do.
--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

TinyPortal © 2005-2018