Forum > Suggestions

About forum suggestions

<< < (2/11) > >>

HeavyUser:

--- Quote from: Jurassic Pork on September 29, 2015, 02:14:32 am ---hello,
taazz  the module cb|GeSHi-mod 1.2 seems to be compatible with the version of the SMF version of this forum (SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines)

--- End quote ---
click the link provided.

Jurassic Pork:
l have tried the module on my SMF 2.0.11  Test Forum. See the result in the attachment  :)

taazz:
oh wow thank you for testing it JP, it looks nice. There are a couple of  small irritations as far as I can see
1) the select short cut is missing which makes the process of code selection a bit of a pain
2) the alternate line color should go this is not a grid each line is not Independent from the the others
3) the line numbers although nice to have on my editor in a place easily ignored those are in your face kind of numbers which I'd rather hide them or change the color to something less visible.

Any way I'm guessing everything is configurable (and if it is please remove the red color from everywhere especially the strings on the highlighter). I really like what I see so far, thank you again for your efforts.

Jurassic Pork:
hello,
who is admin, maintainer of this forum  at this time ?

shobits1:
so no response from admin  :( ...

ok, for those who wants to add highlight ability to code (display only, not when editing) I have created workaround using greasemonky on firefox.

what you need:
on firefox:
1.install greasemonkey addon https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/?src=ss
2.install the usescript `HighlightMe.user.js`(attached) by drag and drop on open firefox.
3.enabled greasmonkey and the script.

on google chrome
1.install Tampermonkey https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo
2.open `HighlightMe.user.js` with any editor then copy its content.
3.on chrome click the tampermonky icon then Add a new script after that paste the copied script.
4.click setting tab and change `Run at : document-start` and `Run only in top frame : Yes`
5.Save.

EDIT: edited the HighlighterMe.user.js ; to work with changes to the last forum code highlighter.
I'll still use it since the forum code highlighter doesn't work with old posts.

EDIT2: corrected some errors on the script.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version