Recent

Author Topic: TAChart: LazReport demo added  (Read 8485 times)

Ask

• Global Moderator
TAChart: LazReport demo added
« on: April 08, 2012, 10:24:56 am »
Somebody on German forum asked for usage of TAChart inside LazReport:
http://www.lazarusforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5843

In r36660, I have added a simple demo (components/tachart/lazreportdemo).

Can someone who speaks German and is registered on lazarusforum.de
please point the person there to this demo?

wp

Re: TAChart: LazReport demo added
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:24:45 pm »
Done

Ask

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 11:57:59 am »
Thank you

Juraj Hudak

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 11:10:17 pm »
Not work for me. Saved all the files, pressed compile and I got 3 errors.

What am I doing wrong?

wp

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 07:24:47 am »
I checked Lazarus trunk, 1.8RC1, and 1.6.4 - the correspnding LazReport demo provided is running fine in all versions.

Since 1.6.4 does not yet have the TScaledCanvasDrawer I think that you are mixing up versions. Use the demo which comes along with your Lazarus version (in folder (lazarus)/components/tachart/demo/lazreport). If you need the feature of scaled linewidths and fonts upgrade to Lazarus 1.8 (the RC2 is about to be released soon).

Juraj Hudak

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 07:50:33 pm »
Ok I installed 1.8RC1 and used TAChart Demo which comes with this version.
Now I get this errors. I would be really glad if at least demo works like a charm without solving any errors. I thought that demo is for help...

wp

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 08:42:06 pm »
Really no idea what you are doing wrong. You seem to be on Windows, and I can assure you that TAChart is running fine out of the box because I do most of the development on Windows.

You still seem to have a mixup of versions. What was the version from which you upgraded? Did you install over the old version? Did you allow the installer to erase the old user profile? Normally these are no issues, but if you come from a very old version, nobody knows what happens if the new installation mixes with the old one.

Before trying a new installation you should do a clean re-build of the IDE. Select menu "Tools" > "Configure build Lazarus". In the box "Clean up" select the option "Clean all" (and maybe "Switch after building to automatically") - see screenshot. Click "Build". Now Lazarus erases all compiled units and recompiles all packages and the IDE - this may take some time, please be patient. At the end, Lazarus restarts the new IDE.

If this compilation process aborts, something is wrong with your installation. I guess the shortest way would be to install Lazarus again. Unistall the older version first, erase the old installation directory if anything is left afterwards. Erase your user profile in c:\users\<your name>\appdata\local\lazarus. Note that the name of the installation folder must not contain spaces (i.e. "C:\program files" is not good) because some tools used by Lazarus don't like this. Instead, install to c:\lazarus (if you have write access to c:), or to d:\lazarus (if you have a second drive), or to your user data area (c:\users\<your name>).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018