Recent

Author Topic: LazreportPDFExport cyrillic  (Read 7196 times)

mirce.vladimirov

LazreportPDFExport cyrillic
« on: March 29, 2013, 10:47:50 pm »
I just attempted to do my first Lazarus LazreportPDFExport and i ran into trouble:
My labels and the data that I retrieve from my MySQL DB are all utf8 cyrillic. The Form that i created asks the user what kind of report is required : a regular Lazreport or a PDF. In regular lazreport all is fine, all characters are interpreted correctly. But the PDFExport puts all "?" instead of cyrillic characters.
So, am i missing something or what ?

P.S. I use windows 7, lazarus 1.0.2, Powerpdf 0.9.10.

mirce.vladimirov

Re: LazreportPDFExport cyrillic
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 11:00:41 pm »
OK, now i know it's bug.
Sorry everyone, previously I didn't see this link :
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=18814.0 
altough i searched for articles concerning this issue.

mirce.vladimirov

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 04:23:39 pm »
I just addedd following note to the long time a go reported bug at http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22043  :

i believe this could help:
After I spotted that only lattin letters are presented correctly i tried to do a trick by changing the font on the report's *.lrf file, i believed that if i type latin letters and change the font to some Macedonian cyrillic TTF font will do the job by simply drawing the characters with the correct cyrillic look. But it did not, it just printed the actual latin letters as it was typed, the named TTF fonts were not used. Then, i changed the font to a different latin TTF font to see wether the text will be presented with a different look in latin. And again it was not !  The PDF converting component doesnot use any other font at all except the default one, on my developing PC it's Arial.
Just to be noted Lazreport uses fonts correctly and correctly prints all Unicode characters.
The problem is only with the Lazreport-to-PDF conversion.

edgarrod71

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 10:23:03 am »
Does somebody know if the cyrillic bug was fixed?  I need to make some reports in russian...

alexs75

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 10:39:30 am »
try to export addons/lrFclPDFExport

TinyPortal © 2005-2018