Recent

Author Topic: Solution to make project to wince 6 or 7  (Read 12130 times)

strovatsek

Solution to make project to wince 6 or 7
« on: June 03, 2014, 08:39:36 am »
Hi!

I have to make a little project to WinCE 7 core OS on an arm processor system. I spent more than a week to make a helloworld project but i didn't manage it. If I made a console application without form it worked properly, but if i made a simple form with one button it didn't work. If I tested the application in wince 6 emulator it works but not on the real system. When I simple execute the project than nothing happened. When I copy copied aygshell.dll beside the exe file i get access violation error. I didn't find aygshell.dll and core.dll to WinCE 6 or 7 core so I gave up. Finally i made the helloworld project in c# and it's working.

Regards

bambamns

Re: Solution to make project to wince 6 or 7
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:39:27 pm »
AFAIK with current WinCE arm support in FPC and Lazarus, the latest supported WinCE version is 6.5.3.

WinCE 7 or 8 (RT) are not and I don't think they will be supported - latest smart phone support is focused on Android.

On the other side - big manufacturers of HH devices still support WinCE 6 and they will until .... who knows.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:46:04 pm by bambamns »
Lazarus 1.8.4 + FPC 2.6.4 x86 (rebuild) and Lazarus 2.0, Windows 7 x64, unless otherwise specified

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 10:09:34 am »
Could you post a photo showing what kind of error message you get while running it?

Try downloading aygshell from here: http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

This comes from a link in our wiki: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/WinCE_Programming_Tips#Missing_aygshell.dll

It should be easy to find that and core.dll ...

Do you have a link to the device showing its exact specifications?

swierzbicki

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 11:20:33 pm »
I'm jumping intol this thread.
We will update our barcode readers. They previously ran under windows ce 6.5.3. The new devices will be bundled with windows ce 7.0. Anyone knows if lazarus can produce compatible exe ? (Arm/wince)
Lazarus 1.6.2
fpc 3.0.0
wince/win32/win64
delphi berlin

kwer

• Its my fortune to have it, its my fate to lose it.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 10:58:59 am »
AFAIK with current WinCE arm support in FPC and Lazarus, the latest supported WinCE version is 6.5.3.
WinCE 7 or 8 (RT) are not and I don't think they will be supported.
---
why?
----------------------------------
Duolong, Please prepare me with the fastest horse, I must  leave now!
----------------------------------

LacaK

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 07:10:24 pm »
We have Symbol MC9200 devices (ARMv7A) with Windows Embedded Compact 7 and we are able to cross-compile using Lazarus 2.0 and run on them.
But you must build cross-compiler using FpcUpDeluxe if your device has ARM processor of architecture newer as ARMv4 (my experience).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018