Recent

Author Topic: Status of TCDEdit and TCDCheckBox (and other components)  (Read 7367 times)

tintinux

• Gestinux
Status of TCDEdit and TCDCheckBox (and other components)
« on: November 27, 2014, 04:53:37 pm »
Hi

I read in the wiki that, e.g TCDEdit and TCDCheckBox are "working". 

Does it mean "fully implemented" ?  In which version ?

Currently we definitely can't use them :

• in TCDEDit : Left and right keys are not handled, there is no Text or PasswordChar property
  • in TCDCheckBox : no OnClick event.

I do not see any developments in progress in the trunk version since 2012, and Lazarus 1.2.6 contains the same sources... or may be I'm wrong somewhere...but I'm not the only one...

I can understand that finalizing the widgetset requires time and a lot of work, but writing "working" in the status do not help !

PS : I have corrected the keys, and added the 2 properties in TCDEdit, tested in Win32 and Linux GTK2, and I can send them, but before I'd like to be sure of the exact status of this widgetset.

Thanks

« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:55:13 pm by tintinux »
Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

felipemdc

• Administrator
Re: Status of TCDEdit and TCDCheckBox (and other components)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 12:09:22 pm »
If I wrote working, then it was working for me when I wrote that. Probably a change in the mean time broke it.

The current status is: whatever the status is in SVN trunk.

Yes, please send patches in the bug tracker =) But always make the patch against Lazarus latest SVN.

I have limited time and I am currently focusing in Cocoa, but patches for CustomDrawn are more than welcome!!!

tintinux

• Gestinux
Re: Status of TCDEdit and TCDCheckBox (and other components)
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 04:17:34 pm »
Thanks for your reply.

If have added more diff files in my the bug report 27053 and a new testing program.

This add the Text and PasswordChar properties, and correct the issue with keys left, right, home and end.

Unfortunately I can't access to SVN from where I work (with both svn or http protocol) to check the build and to be sure that I work on the last versions. I can access svn and have checked from home, but I have no right to commit my self and none commit quickly after I send the diff files. So I have no guarantee that the files are not changed after me.

I have a lot of time available currently, and would like to go on patching these components, but I can't do it safely if none help me.

Regards

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:19:24 pm by tintinux »
Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018