Recent

Author Topic: AmigaOS 4?  (Read 29426 times)

saashapont

Re: AmigaOS 4?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 12:09:49 pm »
I download cross-bin utils, make ceos-compiler, it works from command line, Then I downloaded and make for tacos lazarus from alb42 git....
Then i try compile any lcl hello word and have error "forms.pp(1794,2) Error: Resource files are not supported for this target"

How i can fix that?

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 12:22:36 pm »
I have no clue. Resources are implemented in a platform independent way now, so I can't see why they are not supported on Amiga and the likes. Is that the official source? Are you using 3.0.0 or trunk as FPC?
Specialize a type, not a var.

saashapont

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 12:38:28 pm »

molly

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 12:55:35 pm »
I have no clue. Resources are implemented in a platform independent way now, so I can't see why they are not supported on Amiga and the likes. Is that the official source? Are you using 3.0.0 or trunk as FPC?
ALB42's lazarus trunk can be found here
Support for fpcres was added in revision 31005
For AROS fpcres support was added in revision 28671
I take it there should be no problem at all using lazarus resource files ? (given that they are simple include files)

...and have error "forms.pp(1794,2) Error: Resource files are not supported for this target"
How i can fix that?
Which target might that be ? AmigaOS4 ?
(i cheat there as i already know it isn't OS4. AmigaOS4 target will only (cross-)compile with trunk compiler).

I find the error message a bit mysterious. do you have the correct target configured for your project (innside your project options) and have you pointed lazarus to the correct FPC (+ cross-compiler) directory ?

saashapont

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 12:59:56 pm »
I use this lazarus trunk

How i can see revision of fpcres?

Yes every project with lcl has this problem

Target morphOS

molly

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 01:21:35 pm »
How i can see revision of fpcres?
Given that fpc 3.0.0 release was tagged at revision 32319 t is of no concern.

It is (automatically) included with the FPC 3.0 release archives (whether it be the install/executables or sources)

Yes every project with lcl has this problem
Which lcl widget type have you selected for your project ? Which resource comiler settings ? still there is the question of pointing lazarus to the correct FPC 3.0 directory which contains the necessary cross-compiler.

Have you got another lazarus installation on that machine ?

If the latter is to be the case: have you used the extra (second) configuration for your lazarus trunk build ? (more about having multiple lazarus installations can be read here).
If not then you are messing up your existing lazarus installation and most likely things are pointing to the wrong FPC location.

BTW: Every project ? even if you compile for your native OS ?

To someone that might perhaps know: Could that be a pointer that perhaps fpcres executable is missing (or fpc/lazarus is unable to find/locate it) ? (*)

Target morphOS
Very important detail that you initially forgot to mention there  ;D

(*) ah i can now see it is a default scanner message.

Please read (and apply) this thread saashapont, and show us the results.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 01:55:54 pm by molly »

saashapont

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2016, 05:01:04 pm »
There are no new information in message windows with -vd option :(

Компиляция пакета LCLBase 1.7: Код завершения 256, ошибок: 1
forms.pp(1794,2) Error: Resource files are not supported for this target

Now i make compiler on src 3.1.1. I have installation from fink.

Which lcl widget type have you selected for your project ? Which resource comiler settings ? still there is the question of pointing lazarus to the correct FPC 3.0 directory which contains the necessary cross-compiler.

BTW: Every project ? even if you compile for your native OS ?

What i can change and where?

It is simple hello word project with one button. It was good compiled for win386, linux386, darwin386, linux arm.

This error is only for amorphous target

TRon

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 10:37:15 am »
Given that fpc 3.0.0 release was tagged at revision 32319 t is of no concern.
That is, in theory ;)

Unfortunately, it seems that commit 31002 did not made it into release 3.0.

In order to be able to cross-compile your Lazarus project to MorphOS, you would need the trunk compiler (or apply the commit).

Thank you both for having noticed. The MorphOS maintainer will be notified. With a bit of luck it will be included into the next (upcoming) 3.0.x release.

@sashaapont:

With regards to AmigaOS4 cross-compilation.

Please forget that. It is not possible to do at this point in time unless you are really top notch in mastering GNU binutils. It is one of the reasons that ALB42 created the VM setup and provides that image for others to use.

With regards to cross compiling for MorphOS:

- Have a good and in working order Free Pascal 3.0.0 compiler
- Download the Free Pascal sources from svn (or download a daily zip)
- Create a Free Pascal 3.1.x compiler and cross-compiler from those sources you just obtained
- Download Lazarus from ALB42's github account. Make sure to select the MorphOS branch (and not the default AROS branch) and build that branch.
- Start Lazarus. As Molly suggested: use the extra configuration option in case you have another Lazarus installed.
- Make sure Lazarus uses your freshly compiled Free Pascal 3.1.x compiler
- Create a new project
- Make sure to select mui as widgetset, set the processor to PowerPC and the target to MorphOS
- Build your project

That should do the trick.

Sorry for the inconvenience. In principle Molly was correct ( hi Molly :P )

Regards,
Ron

saashapont

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 11:54:52 am »

With regards to cross compiling for MorphOS:

- Have a good and in working order Free Pascal 3.0.0 compiler
- Download the Free Pascal sources from svn (or download a daily zip)
- Create a Free Pascal 3.1.x compiler and cross-compiler from those sources you just obtained
- Download Lazarus from ALB42's github account. Make sure to select the MorphOS branch (and not the default AROS branch) and build that branch.
- Start Lazarus. As Molly suggested: use the extra configuration option in case you have another Lazarus installed.
- Make sure Lazarus uses your freshly compiled Free Pascal 3.1.x compiler
- Create a new project
- Make sure to select mui as widgetset, set the processor to PowerPC and the target to MorphOS
- Build your project

That should do the trick.

I do all excluding  Make sure to select mui as widgets. How i can do it on mac?

molly

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 05:31:37 pm »
I do all excluding  Make sure to select mui as widgets. How i can do it on mac?
I've contacted magorium and he says he's investigating the matter but has currently little time.

I was asked to inform you that it is possible by adding an IDE macro (although i do not know or received instructions on how to do so) . Apparently the MUI widget set is not (properly) listed yet  :'(

All i can say for now is "stay tuned"  :)

TRon

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 07:52:06 pm »
@saashapont:

Oh... I see that there isn't a MUI widget-option to choose from.

Sorry for that my friend.

If someone around knows how to create/add such a beast or is able to point towards some documentation on that subject...

In that case:
- Menu Project/Options
- Activate category Compiler Options/Additions and overrides
- On the right it shows a (empty) list with settings and a couple of buttons at the top.
- Select/click the item in the (empty) list that reads "Stored in project (.lpi)"
- Press the add button. A menu will drop down.
- Select the menuitem named IDE Macro
- A new entry will be added to the (sub)list that you selected earlier
- For the target subsection, make sure it reads "*" (without the quotes).
- Make sure the IDE Macro field directly below the target field reads: "LCLWidgetType:=MUI" (without the quotes)
- Press the OK button of the dialog, and make sure to save your projects settings.
- (Double-)Check with looking at Project/Options/Compiler Options/Config and Target. It should read: Current LCL widgetset: "mui"

Remember to do this for every lazarus/LCL/MUI project that you want to cross-compile to MorphOS.

Alternatively you could attempt to store this setting inside "Stored in IDE" environment options (instead of "Stored in Project" .lpi options) but then you should not set the target to the asterisk sign as that present all targets. Keep in mind though that there have been reports that this 'global' setting is not always working and/or stored correctly. Perhaps you're lucky and it works for you  :)

Regards,
Ron.

Mirosant

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 11:04:27 am »

Wouldn't be better to add this to the official Lazarus repository? It's a little inconvenient to have multiple lazarus sources on Harddisk.

saashapont

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 03:09:54 pm »
yes! It will be better, but on this lazarus is not work win32 crosscompile

molly

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 04:32:46 pm »
Wouldn't be better to add this to the official Lazarus repository? It's a little inconvenient to have multiple lazarus sources on Harddisk.
That is to be classified as a rhetorical question  ;D

yes! It will be better, but on this lazarus is not work win32 crosscompile

From wikipedia:
In software engineering, a project fork happens when developers take a copy of source code from one software package and start independent development on it, creating a distinct and separate piece of software.

..but more importantly:

Distributed revision control (DVCS) tools have popularised a less emotive use of the term "fork", blurring the distinction with "branch".[15] With a DVCS such as Mercurial or Git, the normal way to contribute to a project is to first branch the repository, and later seek to have your changes integrated with the main repository.

What were those branches inside ALB42's Lazarus repository named again... lazarus-windows ?

If you take a good look at ALB42's MorphOS branch:
This branch is 188 commits ahead, 2762 commits behind graemeg:upstream.

.. and for ALB42's AROS branch:
This branch is 157 commits ahead, 2762 commits behind graemeg:upstream.

So, yeah. It might be that support for other targets is a bit broken for those branches.

It is completely irrelevant and a perfectly natural stage in software development.

Furthermore, and in case you don't like that then, you yourself are the one that can do something about that  ;)

Anyhows. Please inform yourself about the procedure that is to be followed for approval of write access to Lazarus repository and the requirements that have to be met for accepting a new target for Lazarus.

Then you might be able to answer the question(s) of what is missing to prevent these actions from actually taking place.

Again, you yourself as a community (whether that be FPC, Lazarus, AROS, MorphOS and/or Amiga(OS) -community) , are those that are able to do something about that.

It is not about what we can do for you but, what you can do for us  :o
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:42:08 pm by molly »

saashapont

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 05:51:22 pm »
Try to set MUI
Now have error
Fatal: Can't find unit lineinfo used by project1

TinyPortal © 2005-2018