Recent

Author Topic: ReactOS strange scene  (Read 6555 times)

tr_escape

• sector name toys | respect to spectre
    • Github:
ReactOS strange scene
« on: January 26, 2016, 01:57:55 pm »
Hello Lazarus team,

I am trying to develop with Lazarus on ReactOS in the Virtualbox but I just wondering why Lazarus forms seems strange?

I think it is Wine issue but I am not sure.

I attached an example screen.

Best regards
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 01:59:51 pm by tr_escape »

regs

Re: ReactOS strange scene
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 03:36:35 pm »
ReactOS is pretty much visually glitchy. It's not just about Lazarus apps. It's pretty much everywhere.

Blaazen

• POKE 54296,15
    • Eye-Candy Controls
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 03:42:57 pm »
AFAIK Wine has nothing to do with ReactOS.
Some time ago I tried ReactOS under Qemu (without KVM). I was able to install FPC but installing Lazarus failed. So if you installed Lazarus on ReactOS under VirtualBox, you are lucky man and you should not expect too much of it.
Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-2863...) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt Chakra, Qt 4.8.7/5.13.2, Plasma 5.17.3
Lazarus 1.8.2 r57369 FPC 3.0.4 i386-win32-win32/win64 Wine 3.21

Try Eye-Candy Controls: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eccontrols/files/

regs

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 04:02:46 pm »
As far as i heard they forked Wine many many years ago. Wine nowadays is much more stable than it was some 10 years ago.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 06:39:43 pm »
AFAIK Wine has nothing to do with ReactOS.

Actually ReactOS uses Wine libs a lot. It sounds like a clever choice to reuse the code.
  http://www.reactos.org/wiki/WINE
Yes, if Lazarus runs under ReactOS then it has advanced quickly. Maybe I should try it myself soon.
There was a time when I thought that both Wine and ReactOS are useless projects. WinAPI is not the best API, no need to imitate it in open source.
However nowadays I use Wine to test and run some Windows programs. It has also advanced a lot during the past years.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 07:41:56 pm »
To clarify:

ReactOS is a full operating system.  It is true that it uses some stuff from Wine, but they're mostly DLL files, and no one about low level GUI (as Wine uses the window manager of the host OS).  That's why it is "glitchy" but Wine isn't.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

jma_sp

• El conocimiento si ocupa lugar.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 10:55:49 am »
   The big problem is that ReactOs is not enough stable yet and have numerous crashes. I have tried to install Lazarus in several versions of ReactOS and Lazarus sucessfuly. It compile ok for little things.

I have run it virtualized under QEMU with KVM and require little resources. It could connect to network with the new network driver.

It uses its own adaptation of Wine and one of the things that happens is that images in buttons are reflected, they say its a problem of wine but i think that actual wine have this corrected but ReactOS not.

In ReactOS are working hard and this effort make it more stable each year. I have to try newly with recent versión of Lazarus and some of the daily build and see how it works now.

The last i have tried is this, i was able to run in real hardware with a ten years old  computer:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/reactos/files/ReactOS/0.4.0-FOSDEM2016/

Best Regards.
Devuan Beowulf 3.0( JWM/ROX/iDesk) - Puppy Linux,  Haiku OS,.ReactOS 0.4.xx  - FreeDos .

TinyPortal © 2005-2018