Forum > Linux

CPU usage

(1/6) > >>

Rickmeister:
Hi there, first post, long-time forum-viewer.

Got a serious issue with Lazarus on my Linux Mate laptop, even while idling with all windows minimized it uses around 75-95% cpu-power.  >:D The fan is running at max speed, and by doing so it drains the battery in notime, I'm forced to have the computer plugged in at all times when running Lazarus. The IDE is also very slow and often it locks up when trying to close down dialogs, clicking the 'OK' buttons is useless, and from time to time I have to kill the window (xkill). Tried both precompiled deb packages and compiling it from source, but all my efforts hasn't given any results. Tried google for some quick answers, but so far I haven't found anything that could help me. As for now the IDE is useless, and I would really like to get it working. I've got it installed on a Win7 machine and on a MacBook, and on those machines it runs like a charm.

Thaddy:
I have no problems at all on a debian lxde laptop, so this may be mate specific. It should almost idle out after a minute or so. I also tested it in a ubuntu 14.04 running on a virtualbox machine under windows 10. Same thing: almost idles after some time.

Rickmeister:
Got it running right now, and after ~15 minutes or so it's still using around 80%. Might be a Mate issue, will try to install Ubuntu desktop instead, if I'm lucky it will start to work properly.

Rickmeister:
Fresh install of Fedora, installed fpc, compiled Lazarus but no luck. Still very high cpu-usage after idling for approx 10 minutes, so it wasn't Mate-related I guess  %) Laptop is burning hot, fan is at max speed and the IDE is a bit sluggish and tends to freeze up now and then. Compiled from 1.6 source, now running at 56% cpu usage when minimized and idling.

Fedora Workstation fresh install
fpc 3.0.0 X86_64
Lazarus compiled from 1.6 source

Handoko:
I never have CPU usage issue running Lazarus on several Linux OSes. Now I'm using Lazarus 1.6 on Ubuntu MATE 15.10 64-bit. My desktop pc is Intel Core 2 Quad + NVidia 8400. I also enable several desktop effect by using Compiz.

Maybe there is something wrong with your hardware. Perhaps the BIOS configuration isn't configured properly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version