Forum > PDAs and Smartphones

Correct way to install Lazarus on Orange PI A20

(1/4) > >>

Stygian:
Dear Everyone,

I would like to install Lazarus on my Orange PI A20 board, but i run into some errors.

I try to do it with a Rasberry PI tuturial(RPI3 is also ARMV7) but it failed with the following message:
Something like i tried to complie the makefile with a 3.0.0 source and i should have to do it with a 2.6.4

I followed this tutorial:
http://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware/raspberry-pi/install-lazarus-pascal-on-raspberry-pi-2/

After that i give up so i followed the Lazarus WIKI tutorial but that also failed
Cannot find the source code. I pointed it to /usr/local/lazarus 1.2.4 but that time the lcl missing.

Can someone help me what is the correct way to install Lazarus on my board?

Thanks,
Sty

Thaddy:
The message is probably about the starting bootstrap compiler, which indeed needs to be officially 2.6.4 to obtain 3.0.0 stable. Likewise for trunk you need 3.0.0 to bootstrap 3.1.1.

It seems you are trying to build 3.0 with 3.0.

You may get away with 
--- Code: --- sudo make clean all install OVERRIDEVERSIONCHECK=1
--- End code ---
THIS IS UNSUPPORTED!

Stygian:
I got errors. not compiled.

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---compproc.inc(64,91) Error: Fields cannot appear after a method or property definition, start a new visibility section firstcompproc.inc(65,102) Error: Fields cannot appear after a method or property definition, start a new visibility section firstcompproc.inc(66,94) Error: Fields cannot appear after a method or property definition, start a new visibility section firstcompproc.inc(316,114) Error: Fields cannot appear after a method or property definition, start a new visibility section firstcompproc.inc(316,136) Fatal: There were 4 errors compiling module, stopping
Btw this is the error code:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Makefile:2887: *** The only supported starting compiler version is 3.0.0. You are trying to build with 2.6.4..  Stop.
Regards,
Sty

Leledumbo:
Here are the general bootstrapping rules of FPC:

* Latest release can be bootstrapped by previous release or itself
* Current trunk can be bootstrapped by latest release3.0.0 can be bootstrapped by 2.6.4 or itself. Current trunk is 3.1.1, which can be bootstrapped by 3.0.0. But there was a time quite long ago, when 3.0.0 is not yet released, where 3.1.1 can be bootstrapped by 2.6.4 (the latest release at that time). 3.0.0 was released on Nov 2015, the article is written on Apr 2015. Now you see where your problem is: the article needs an update.

The solution is simply to grab 3.0.0 and use that as starting compiler instead of 2.6.4.

rvk:

--- Quote from: Leledumbo on July 07, 2016, 07:30:31 pm ---The solution is simply to grab 3.0.0 and use that as starting compiler instead of 2.6.4.

--- End quote ---
It's quite a shame there isn't yet a bootstrap 3.0.0 for arm-linux (or even Windows 64bit).

I've put some instruction how I did it with the download of FPC 3.0.0 official for arm-linux-raspberry. You might want to see if you can take some of that for the Orange PI A20.
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,33254.msg215326.html#msg215326

(instruction are for FPC trunk and Lazarus trunk)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version