Recent

Author Topic: Question about TButtonPanel, TPanel and TGroupBox Color property  (Read 3993 times)

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
About TButtonPanel:

I changed the default configuration of my Xfce desktop and I've find that background of TButtonPanel didn't match with other components nicely.  So I go to the Object inspector and... There's no Color property!  :o  So I had to change the panel colour by code at the form's onCreate event.

Why isn't TButtonPanel.Color published?  I think it should be.

Also I've realised that TCustomPanel, TCustomButtonPanel and TCustomGroupBox default background colour isn't clForm. This is quite annoying in some colour schemas in Linux.  I had to change all them manually to clForm.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:19:19 pm by Ñuño_Martínez »
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: Question about TButtonPanel, TPanel and TGroupBox Color property
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 03:02:14 pm »
Why isn't TButtonPanel.Color published?  I think it should be.

I published it in r52795.

Also I've realised that TCustomPanel, TCustomButtonPanel and TCustomGroupBox default background colour isn't clForm. This is quite annoying in some colour schemas in Linux.  I had to change all them manually to clForm.

Now it is defined in TCustomPanel as:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. property Color default {$ifdef UseCLDefault}clDefault{$else}clBtnFace{$endif};
Should it be clForm? I don't know. What do others think?
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: Question about TButtonPanel, TPanel and TGroupBox Color property
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 05:54:51 pm »
Thanks JuhaManninen. :)

About the background color, I said clForm, but clBackground would be the right one too.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

TinyPortal © 2005-2018