Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 835962 times)

guest63552

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #1515 on: January 14, 2019, 01:56:13 pm »
New option then would be perfect solution for any taste and need...

I'm not a lover of too colored GUI either, but in this case that would help quite a bit. Any discrete difference in BG colors could be even  fine for long term usage...

Xor-el

« Reply #1516 on: January 14, 2019, 06:28:49 pm »
@GetMem, would it be possible to add something like supported platforms (similar to supported widgetset) in OPM?
This would contain
Windows
Mac OS
Linux
Raspberry PI
Android

to mention but a few.

Thanks.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1517 on: January 14, 2019, 06:43:01 pm »
@Xor-el
Yes I can, but the problem is the accuracy of the information. For example you keep your packages up to date, frequently submitting new versions, but others don't do that. By default, I can add for each package a few supported platforms like: windows, linux, osx which is reasonable, but then if somebody finds that a particular package fails under osx for example, it looks bad for OPM.

Xor-el

« Reply #1518 on: January 14, 2019, 07:05:43 pm »
@Xor-el
Yes I can, but the problem is the accuracy of the information. For example you keep your packages up to date, frequently submitting new versions, but others don't do that. By default, I can add for each package a few supported platforms like: windows, linux, osx which is reasonable, but then if somebody finds that a particular package fails under osx for example, it looks bad for OPM.

Ok, I do understand, but here is a suggestion, if the developer of the package provides this information, we add it else we leave it empty.
What do you think?

af0815

« Reply #1519 on: January 14, 2019, 07:11:12 pm »
I think, if this information is a part of the package data and is maintainex by the ppackage developer it will possible for OPM. IMHO OPM can only distribute information, mainained in the package.

My 2 cents
regards
Andreas

balazsszekely

« Reply #1520 on: January 14, 2019, 07:23:48 pm »
@Xor-el
Ok, I do understand, but here is a suggestion, if the developer of the package provides this information, we add it else we leave it empty.
What do you think?
It's sounds reasonable, but I already see questions for empty rows like: "This package does not run on any platform?, @getmem did you forget to add the information?"  :D 

@af0815
I think, if this information is a part of the package data and is maintainex by the ppackage developer it will possible for OPM. IMHO OPM can only distribute information, mainained in the package.
I strongly agree with this one.

Xor-el

« Reply #1521 on: January 14, 2019, 07:35:00 pm »
@Xor-el
What do you think?
It's sounds reasonable, but I already see questions for empty rows like: "This package does not run on any platform?, @getmem did you forget to add the information?"  :D 
:D :D :D

wp

« Reply #1522 on: January 15, 2019, 11:35:40 pm »

balazsszekely

« Reply #1523 on: January 16, 2019, 06:34:50 am »
@wp
Done. Thanks for the new version.

balazsszekely

« Reply #1524 on: January 19, 2019, 02:40:43 pm »
@wp
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, or if something is wrong on my side. But when I use OPM to install a package, such as ATBinHex, on Laz-trunk / fpc-3.0.4 / 64 bit on Win10 the download and compilation work find, but the IDE is not rebuilt. Going to "Package" > "Install/unistall packages" I see the package in the right list "Available for installation".
When I do the same with Laz-trunk / fpc-3.0.4 / 32 bit everything is ok.
I fixed the bug in r. 60106. Please test.

wp

« Reply #1525 on: January 19, 2019, 06:29:58 pm »
Thank you.

Josh

« Reply #1526 on: January 22, 2019, 01:13:00 am »
Installed a fresh install of latest Lazarus and FPC Trunk rev60161 usinf fpcupdeluxe.

OPM does not install, when I click to instal it, I get error
Broken Dependency
One or more required packages was not found. See package graph.
which highlights laz.virtualtreeview_package.

The package is not listed in available packages.

This is on Cocoa X64
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

wp

« Reply #1527 on: January 22, 2019, 01:34:06 am »
This is a consequence of the new way how virtual treeview is handled by Lazarus trunk now. VTV now is in a package "laz.virtualtreeview_package", and all files and registered classes are renamed to distinguish them from other versions out there. This way people can install, for example, VirtualTreeView4 in addition to the one incorporated in Lazarus (https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,43665.msg306524.html#msg306524). The "Lazarus-VTV" components are found in palette "LazControls".

The fact that the old VTV package which which the trunk IDE was built is no longer available results in the shown message.

Until we have a better solution you can use this work-around:
  • Go to "Package" > "Install/uninstall packages", select VirtualTreeview and OnlinePackageManager in the LEFT list, click "Uninstall selection" and "Save and rebuild IDE".
  • When the IDE restarts, go to "Package" > "Open package file", navigate to folder "components/laz.virtualtreeview" of your Lazarus installation and load package "laz.virtualtreeview_package". Compile, click "Use" > "Install". You can cancel when your are asked whether the IDE should be rebuilt because this will be done in the next step.
  • Go to "Package" > "Install/uninstall packages" again, select OnlinePackageManager in the RIGHT list, click "Install selection" and "Save and Rebuild". When the IDE restarts everything should be fine again.
  • These steps need to be executed only once

[EDIT]
Updating a trunk installation from a revision prior to 60132 has become easier after r60156: After updating from svn just issue the command "make bigide".
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:08:17 am by wp »

Josh

« Reply #1528 on: January 22, 2019, 11:05:50 am »
@wp

Excellent, thanks for that info, worked perfectly.

:) :)
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

tk

« Reply #1529 on: February 06, 2019, 12:58:18 pm »
Hello Getmem,
as I just found out the JSON file URL modifies with each commit on Bitbucket.
For example:
Kcontrols 1.7.2 has https://bitbucket.org/tomkrysl/kcontrols/raw/7049a840a94fbd9178054b712ce49d72d4d73777/laz_opm_update.json
Kcontrols 1.7.3 has https://bitbucket.org/tomkrysl/kcontrols/raw/09e372df278b861870745c133b546a2fe6a13441/laz_opm_update.json
This is a problem because the OPM points to the old version of JSON after each file commit.
Maybe I've overlooked sth but is there some automated solution for Bitbucket? Or what do you recommend?

EDIT:
Ok found a solution myself, although I could not find any relevant documentation on atlassian site.
This should work better and hopefully forever:
https://bitbucket.org/tomkrysl/kcontrols/raw/default/laz_opm_update.json
Please modify that in OPM json file.

Thank you

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 01:14:29 pm by tk »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018