Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 839087 times)

JD

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2016, 03:58:23 pm »
This is wonderful! I'm looking forward to its release. Kudos to GetMem and all who are involved with this project.

JD
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2016, 03:59:47 pm »
The ETA for the next release is monday (24.10.2016). After the release, everyone can create packages for the main repository. Until then a quick preview(win32/64, gtk2, carbon).

Is looking well, two days left  :D

Xor-el

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2016, 09:07:24 am »
D Day!!!  :-*

lainz

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2016, 08:54:25 pm »
D Day!!!  :-*

Yeah, hope it get's published soon.

balazsszekely

« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2016, 09:29:04 pm »
I'm ready, we have to wait until @Leledumbo updates the repository. So please be patient...

lainz

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2016, 09:33:28 pm »
OK. I've downloaded the package from GitHub. You will create a wiki or something with info on how to create an own repository (website) with packages?

balazsszekely

« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2016, 09:48:22 pm »
@lainz
OK. I've downloaded the package from GitHub. You will create a wiki or something with info on how to create an own repository (website) with packages?
Unfortunately that feature is not available yet, it will be in the next release though(see attachment). We should populate the central repository with packages first,  this is the main purpose of this release + bug fix. However if you really want a personal repository we can make one ;)

lainz

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2016, 10:12:53 pm »
I mean for example if it's possible to create a personal repository using GitHub pages, so I can put all the packages I want and then download and install them in every PC I want.

If possible if you can create one as example.

Edit: Of course if the packages are all in the central repository it has no sense  8)

If you will create that I will wait for next release.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:17:21 pm by lainz »

shobits1

« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2016, 10:46:13 pm »
I keep getting 'Invalid JSON file'??

balazsszekely

« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2016, 10:48:15 pm »
I'm ready, we have to wait until @Leledumbo updates the repository. So please be patient...

shobits1

« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2016, 10:55:32 pm »
Ah,, thank you...
sorry I didn't pay much attention -- I started suspecting my crappy internet connection right away.

balazsszekely

« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2016, 11:00:39 pm »
Ah,, thank you...
sorry I didn't pay much attention -- I started suspecting my crappy internet connection right away.
No problem! I will post a message when everything is up and running.

lainz

« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2016, 03:44:25 pm »
Well it's running.

There's a way to send you a new package?

balazsszekely

« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2016, 04:58:51 pm »
The new repository is up and running(thank you @Leledumbo!). Please go to https://github.com/getmem/LazOpkMan download then install lazopkman(I commited a few things recently).
What's new:
- support for multiple packages in a single zip
- from now on everyone can create packages for the main repository
- improved GUI
- a lot of bugfix
- I did try to implement all reasonable suggestion from this thread, if I missed something please let me know

To do:
- update from external site(this one will be ready in a few days)
- create a personal repository

The purpose of this release is to populate the main repository with packages. To create a repository package please go to Create-->Create repository package toolbutton, then:
- select the package main directory(lazopkman will recursively search for all package files inside the folder)
- select the packages you wish to include
- choose a category
- adjust package info if necessary(lazarus/fpc compatibility, suppported widgetset, etc)
- press the create button
The whole process should take no longer then 1-2 min/ package. If all goes well you should get a zip and a json file. Upload somewhere the files and send me the link, alternatively you can send it to getmem1@gmail.com . I will wait a week or so then update the main repository agin. A realistic target is 50+ packages.

PS: What about Lazarus Code and Component Repository? Most of the packages are very old. We should include all of them? Who's familiar with the packages inside LCCR?

wp

« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2016, 05:22:24 pm »
PS: What about Lazarus Code and Component Repository? Most of the packages are very old. We should include all of them? Who's familiar with the packages inside LCCR?
Yes, many of them are in a bad shape. These are the ones that I am using and which I know are fine:
There are probably more good ones, I just did not try them, so I can't tell. Look at the date of the last update, it's a good indicator of how well the package is maintained.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:19:33 pm by wp »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018