Recent

Author Topic: Online Package Manager  (Read 836046 times)

balazsszekely

Re: Online Package Manager
« Reply #1320 on: June 17, 2018, 08:48:51 am »
@BeanzMaster
i've also some feedback posted as comment from my tutorial here :
https://www.developpez.net/forums/d1848091/autres-langages/pascal/lazarus/tutoriel-installer-lazarus-paquets-fpcupdeluxe-online-package-manager-jerome-delauney/
Very nicely done. Somebody should translate your tutorial to English, a lot of people would learn from it.

I had only one problem: I had castle engine (which I like a lot) installed in version 6.4 and the transition to version 6.5 did not like it at all. OPM was experiencing unit conflicts (I'm surprised), displayed a partial install, and refused to uninstall the product. Again, I had to make repairs in the hand ... Well, all this is not very serious if you consider the comfort brought in all.
The current version of Castle engine in OPM is 6.4 I will switch to 6.5 soon and fix the remaining issues.

hat the application only keeps track of the software installed thanks to it, it's normal, okay. But that it does not take care of the already installed packets, it is a problem: the user expects that the problem is at least signaled with a message of the type: 'attention, this package already exists.' Then, the options are to choose: propose to uninstall it automatically, abandon the operation, run the risk of installing it anyway. The worst solution (in my opinion) is the one adopted: we try to install without worrying about anything assuming that the IDE is clean ...
I'm not sure about this one. OPM will warn you if a package is already installed. Please see attached screenshot.

Best regareds and thanks for your work  8-)
Thanks for the feedback, if somebody reports more issues please let me know. I cannot check all Lazarus related webpages. I didn't even know about www.developpez.net

PS: You should file a bugreport about QT5/Cocoa related issues(Options in toolmenu, exception when IDE starts) so it can be fixed. Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 09:50:27 am by GetMem »

BeanzMaster

« Reply #1321 on: June 17, 2018, 11:27:10 am »
Very nicely done. Somebody should translate your tutorial to English, a lot of people would learn from it.
Yes it will be nice. It is for that i keep the Microsoft Translate plugin on top left the article.

The current version of Castle engine in OPM is 6.4 I will switch to 6.5 soon and fix the remaining issues.
Great ;)

I'm not sure about this one. OPM will warn you if a package is already installed. Please see attached screenshot.

The user have installed package manually in Lazarus/Components folder . So it is OPM check this folder to ?
I'm also think it will be better OPM install Package in a sub-folder in the Lazarus/Components folder instead in the hidden Lazarus's configuration folder (mainly under Windows).  I say we can change it but most user don't do it.

PS: You should file a bugreport about QT5/Cocoa related issues(Options in toolmenu, exception when IDE starts) so it can be fixed. Thank you.

Yes buft i've problem with bugreport i can't Loggin in with my E-mail always report me i don't exist or i was bannished :( I don't say why.

Best regards
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 02:09:48 pm by BeanzMaster »

JanRoza

• http://www.silentwings.nl
« Reply #1322 on: June 17, 2018, 01:47:19 pm »
I always change opm's folder config so that its repository is equal to the lazarus\compinents folder. As far as I can tell opm then shows the correct info about installed packages.
       Lazarus 3.2 FPC 3.2.2
       CodeTyphon 8.40 FPC 3.3.1

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #1323 on: June 17, 2018, 05:13:08 pm »
Hi, I found this package today:
https://github.com/afuriza/kyoukai_framework

balazsszekely

« Reply #1324 on: June 17, 2018, 05:13:57 pm »
@BeanzMaster, @JanRoza
The user have installed package manually in Lazarus/Components folder . So it is OPM check this folder to ?
Yes. The Lazarus IDE or the internal package manager to be more precise, knows about every single installed packages, more over knows about the run-time only packages too. OPM queries the information when needed via the PackageInt interface, like this:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. var
  2.    PackageCnt: Integer;
  3.    I: Integer;
  4.    Package: TIDEPackage;
  5. begin
  6.   PackageCnt := PackageEditingInterface.GetPackageCount;
  7.   for I := 0 to PackageCnt - 1 do
  8.   begin
  9.      Package := PackageEditingInterface.GetPackages(I);  
  10.      //...
  11.   end;
  12. end;

I'm also think it will be better OPM install Package in a sub-folder in the Lazarus/Components folder instead in the hidden Lazarus's configuration folder (mainly under Windows).  I say we can change it but most user don't do it.
The Lazarus/Components folder is read only in some Linux distros. This is why OPM installs the packages in the config directory which is always writable for every user. You can change it if you like under windows.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:22:51 pm by GetMem »

balazsszekely

« Reply #1325 on: June 17, 2018, 05:15:47 pm »
@lainz
Hi, I found this package today:
https://github.com/afuriza/kyoukai_framework
Did you test it? Should I add it to OPM?

lainz

« Reply #1326 on: June 17, 2018, 05:16:49 pm »
I'm testing it now, I will tell you soon.

lainz

« Reply #1327 on: June 17, 2018, 05:22:33 pm »
Hi again, 2 of 3 tests are actually working.
Looks promising, just keeping an eye on it.

Edit: what I like is that it says can be bundled with an existing application, a thing that I can't find how to do with Brook Framework.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:25:39 pm by lainz »

balazsszekely

« Reply #1328 on: June 17, 2018, 05:25:49 pm »
OK. Thanks, I will install it if works fine. I will also update BGRABitmap, BGRAControls soon. 

lainz

« Reply #1329 on: June 17, 2018, 05:28:25 pm »
OK. Thanks, I will install it if works fine. I will also update BGRABitmap, BGRAControls soon.

Thankyou. I just discovered that repository because he suscribed to my github, how small is the world =)

Edit: of course, I will keep testing it, until it's good to publish.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:49:25 pm by lainz »

wp

« Reply #1330 on: June 21, 2018, 12:20:46 am »
I uploaded a new version of tvplanit (v1.2). GetMem, could you please update the OPM repository?

balazsszekely

« Reply #1331 on: June 21, 2018, 09:52:14 am »
@wp
I'm on hollidays for a few weeks with a small break on Saturday, I will try to add it then. Sorry for the inconvenience.

wp

« Reply #1332 on: June 21, 2018, 10:15:18 am »
@wp
I'm on hollidays for a few weeks with a small break on Saturday, I will try to add it then. Sorry for the inconvenience.
No problem. Have nice holidays!

tudi_x

« Reply #1333 on: June 22, 2018, 10:23:56 am »
@GetMem
any chance of making Online Package Manager Ansible friendly?
a nice holiday!
Lazarus 2.0.2 64b on Debian LXDE 10

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #1334 on: June 22, 2018, 02:06:37 pm »
any chance of making Online Package Manager Ansible friendly?
I found Ansible by a web search. It "automates software provisioning, configuration management, and application deployment".
What should Online Package Manager exactly do to be Ansible friendly?
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018