Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Lazarus 1.6/FPC 3.1.1 trunk  (Read 4367 times)

JD

[SOLVED] Lazarus 1.6/FPC 3.1.1 trunk
« on: October 22, 2016, 04:02:56 pm »
Hi there everyone,

I'm trying to pair Lazarus 1.6 stable and FPC 3.1.1 trunk using fpcup. I used the command below

fpclazup.exe --fpcURL="trunk" --lazURL="stable"

but it didn't work as expected because no Lazarus executable was created. Any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks,

JD
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:40:41 pm by JD »
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

DonAlfredo

Re: Lazarus 1.6/FPC 3.1.1 trunk
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 07:06:47 pm »
This is not a recommended combi. And it will indeed not work.
However, you could try Lazarus fixes. With a patch to compile with FPC trunk:

fpclazup --installdir="C:\FPCtrunkLazfixes\" --fpcURL="trunk" --lazURL="fixes" --getfullrepo --lazpatch="laz16fpctrunk.patch"

Path can be found here:
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/Reiniero-fpcup/blob/master/patchlazarus/laz16fpctrunk.patch

JD

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 08:19:27 pm »
This is not a recommended combi. And it will indeed not work.
However, you could try Lazarus fixes. With a patch to compile with FPC trunk:

fpclazup --installdir="C:\FPCtrunkLazfixes\" --fpcURL="trunk" --lazURL="fixes" --getfullrepo --lazpatch="laz16fpctrunk.patch"

Path can be found here:
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/Reiniero-fpcup/blob/master/patchlazarus/laz16fpctrunk.patch

Thanks DonAlfredo. I had to opt for this because Lazarus trunk (1.7) and FPC 3.1.1 is missing some LazControls and in addition FortesReport cannot compile anymore. I'll running the command you gave me right now. Will let you know how it turns out.

JanRoza

• http://www.silentwings.nl
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 10:23:13 pm »
I had no trouble compiling and installing FortesReport (Community Edition) under Lazarus 1.7 and FPC 3.1.1.
Unfortunately Lazarus shows no revision number (says 'Unknown') but it's from 21-9-2016.
Did you use the Community Edition of FortesReport (https://github.com/fortesinformatica/fortesreport-ce) ?
       Lazarus 3.2 FPC 3.2.2
       CodeTyphon 8.40 FPC 3.3.1

JD

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 11:39:53 pm »
I had no trouble compiling and installing FortesReport (Community Edition) under Lazarus 1.7 and FPC 3.1.1.
Unfortunately Lazarus shows no revision number (says 'Unknown') but it's from 21-9-2016.
Did you use the Community Edition of FortesReport (https://github.com/fortesinformatica/fortesreport-ce) ?

I've got it running now though I had to use the getlazarus.org version. Though the splash screen says powered by Free Pascal 3.0, it is Lazarus 1.7 on FPC 3.1.1 SVN 51308.

Now I have another problem, I opened a project I created in Lazarus 1.6 in Lazarus 1.7 and I get a message saying "Strange lpi file" "The file project1.lpi does not look like an lpi file". To make it more complicated Lazarus 1.6 now refuses to open the file and gives me the same message.  I can no longer compile :o

Any ideas how I can repair my project files or do I need to manuallly recreate them?

JD
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 12:30:50 am by JD »

rvk

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 11:56:47 pm »
Now I have another problem, I opened a project I created in Lazarus 1.6 in Lazarus 1.7 and I get a message saying "Strange lpi file" "The file project1.lpi does not look like an lpi file". To make it more complicated Lazarus 1.6 now refuses to open the file and gives me the same message.  I can no longer compile :o
Any ideas how I can repair my project files or do I need to manuallly recreate them?
I've had this a couple of times.
It seems like Lazarus 1.6 had a bug (I can't find anything about it though) that when you save a project the .lpi files can be empty sometimes. You can check to see if the .lpi file is 0 bytes in size.

I think you'll need to recreate your project (or at least that .lpi file).

molly

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 12:21:43 am »
empty lpi file happens on occasion for me as well. I was unable to find a clear reason for it though. Very hard to reproduce.

JD

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 02:40:17 pm »
Thanks to everyone that responded to this thread. I have recreated my project lpi file from a backup. I realise now that I have no choice but to keep multiple copies of Lazarus on my system. I need trunk/NewPascal to be able to try out mORMot and Lazarus stable for the sake of my large body of old projects. One tool to fit all does not work. My conclusion after 3 days of toil.  ::)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018