Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 794651 times)

mr-highball

• Highball Github
Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #1110 on: February 03, 2019, 09:34:08 pm »
I just used 1.6.2j to install FPC + Laz + Linux crosscompiler trunk for OSX Cocoa in a brand new folder.

It succeeded with no errors, but when I try to start Lazarus I get "Error: the Fppkg configuration is corrupt."

Haven't seen that one before.

I'm also seeing this today. The ide starts, but every time you go to launch the same warning displays. Below is my cfg file
Code: [Select]
[Defaults]
ConfigVersion=5
LocalRepository=%LocalRepository%
BuildDir={LocalRepository}build/
ArchivesDir={LocalRepository}archives/
CompilerConfigDir=%CompilerConfigDir%
RemoteMirrors=https://www.freepascal.org/repository/mirrors.xml
RemoteRepository=auto
CompilerConfig=default
FPMakeCompilerConfig=default
Downloader=FPC
InstallRepository=user

[Repository]
Name=fpc
Description=Packages which are installed along with the Free Pascal Compiler
Path=%GlobalPath%
Prefix=%GlobalPrefix%

[IncludeFiles]
FileMask=%CompilerConfigDir%/conf.d/*.conf

[Repository]
Name=user
Description=User-installed packages
Path={LocalRepository}lib/fpc/{CompilerVersion}/
Prefix={LocalRepository}

sstvmaster

« Reply #1111 on: February 03, 2019, 09:39:13 pm »
Thanks for reporting back.
Downloading on Windows has become increasingly difficult.
Fpcupdeluxe 1.6.2j now uses 4 methods to get the files from online sources.
1: TFPHTTPClient
2: Windows PowerShell
3: wget
4: (lib)curl
And even then, failures still happen unfortunately.

Why it is "become increasingly difficult" ?
Why you use powershell?

Then it would be better you stop support for windows.

greetings Maik

Windows 10,
- Lazarus 2.2.6 (stable) + fpc 3.2.2 (stable)
- Lazarus 2.2.7 (fixes) + fpc 3.3.1 (main/trunk)

nooitgedacht

« Reply #1112 on: February 03, 2019, 09:58:44 pm »
I've tried a clean install of stable FPC and Lazarus, and click on install + update button of my Win7-x64 with FPCUpdeluxe-x64 1.6.2j and 1.6.2.k.

To get FPCUpDeluxe for a part working, this stuff must be downloaded and installed manually:

OpenSSL
Patch
Unrar
Git
HG
SVN

When this was finished, it was possible to retrieve a SVN repository.
After retrieving only fpc, fpcupdeluxe is freezing, when it need a official bootstrapper, as my log below.

----- Copy and Paste -----

fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (GetModule: FPC): FPC was at: branch revision 37149 (repository revision 41183)
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (GetModule: FPC): No updates for FPC found.
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (GetModule: FPC): No FPC patches defined.
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (BuildModule: FPC): Building module FPC...
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPC builder: Detected source version FPC: 3.0.4
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (BuildModule: FPC): To compile this FPC, we need (required) a compiler with version 3.0.0 or 3.0.2
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Looking for a bootstrap compiler from official FPC bootstrap binaries.
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Looking for official FPC bootstrapper with version 3.0.2
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Looking for official FPC bootstrapper with version 3.0.0
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Looking for official FPC bootstrapper with version 2.6.4
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Looking for official FPC bootstrapper with version 2.6.2
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Got a V2.6.2 bootstrap compiler from official FPC bootstrap sources.
fpcupdeluxe: info: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckAndGetTools): Now looking for a better [version] bootstrap compiler from Github FPCUP(deluxe) releases.

----- End of Copy and Paste -----

kevin.black

« Reply #1113 on: February 04, 2019, 05:29:37 am »
Can I please chip in as a newbie WRT Lazarus.

I have the standard 2.0.0RC3 installed. I get errors when installing some packages that probably should install (for example the LUI component set which has REST classes I need which fail to install). So I am trying to install using the FPCUPDeluxe software which, for someone's selfless effort, is pretty fantastic. My issue is that there are a gazillion options and I am not best informed to make selections as to what would be the best, if not at least a reasonable choice.

I assume TRUNK is the latest release of both FPC and Lazarus so I have opted for that (failed last week, but who knows now). I have tried FPCUPDeluxe install several times. As you can appreciate, it takes a long time and when there is no reasonable outcome, wastes a lot of time (not having a go at the excellent work in producing it, just stating a fact).

So I'm actually trying to come up with a stable - ish macOS (x64 cocoa) development environment. The soft option for me is to simply have Delphi provide that and port my FMX code to the dark side. Near as I can make out that isn't going to happen in a reasonable time (Embarcadero are stuffing around with RAD Server (Who knew that was a thing) instead of fixing the development tools that they are supposed to be selling). I am more than prepared to jump back (I was there about 8 years ago) to Lazarus, but I need something that I can rely on....

I notice for example the stable release are not FPC 3.0.4 and lazarus 2.0.0RC3, but something earlier. Again, this is confusing so I'd appreciate some advice as what I should be installing?

EDIT: And just noticed as I saved this post that Trunk/Trunk has installed successfully. There were a couple of gripes about documents not being produced, but I can live with that.

Thanks,
Kevin
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:31:31 am by kevin.black »

lucamar

« Reply #1114 on: February 04, 2019, 06:46:43 am »
I assume TRUNK is the latest release of both FPC and Lazarus [...]

NO! "Trunk" is where all the new development is actually done and is not guaranteed to be stable at any given moment (although it usually is).

The latest release is ... well, the latest released packages: Lazarus 1.8.4/FPC 3.0.4 but note that Lazarus is almost ready for a 2.0 release (that's Lazarus 2.0RC3, i.e. Third Release Candidate). That's the one you should use, along with FPC 3.0.4, unless you need a really stable one, which is the (more than a year old) v1.8.4 release.

ETA: If you're using fpcupdeluxe then install the "fixes" branchs of both Lazarus and FPC. Those are where bugs found after the release have been quashed.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:50:27 am by lucamar »
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #1115 on: February 04, 2019, 06:59:36 am »
If you're using fpcupdeluxe then install the "fixes" branchs of both Lazarus and FPC. Those are where bugs found after the release have been quashed.

Outside of fpcupdeluxe the branch is called fixes_2_0 (and maybe in fpcupdeluxe too ?), right now its V2RC3 plus. Certainly, as lucamar says, to be preferred over trunk for anything other than experimental work.

Davo

Lazarus 3, Linux (and reluctantly Win10/11, OSX Monterey)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1116 on: February 04, 2019, 07:41:05 am »
Fpcupdeluxe uses the data inside fpcup.ini to determine the URL to be used.
E.g.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. [ALIASfpcURL]
  2. stable=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_3_0_4
  3. trunk=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk
  4. fixes3.2=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_3_2
  5. [ALIASlazURL]
  6. stable=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_1_8_4
  7. trunk=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk
  8. fixes2.0=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_2_0
  9. fixes1.8=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_1_8
  10. 2.1.0=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk

You can always add your own URL into it.
Trunk will always be a bit dangerous. Fixes is a good choice, as is stable.

sstvmaster

« Reply #1117 on: February 04, 2019, 07:29:17 pm »
So here's a solution for others who have problems with fpcupdeluxe and Windows Powershell under Windows 7:

1. Check Powershell Version:
- open Powershell and enter: get-host | select-object version

if it is lower than 3, download the lastest from here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/scripting/install/installing-windows-powershell?view=powershell-6

You can use version 5.1.

I think there are no problems with Windows 8.1 and up, because there are already Version 3 or greater is installed.

Rgr Maik
greetings Maik

Windows 10,
- Lazarus 2.2.6 (stable) + fpc 3.2.2 (stable)
- Lazarus 2.2.7 (fixes) + fpc 3.3.1 (main/trunk)

kevin.black

« Reply #1118 on: February 04, 2019, 11:30:40 pm »
ETA: If you're using fpcupdeluxe then install the "fixes" branchs of both Lazarus and FPC. Those are where bugs found after the release have been quashed.
If you're using fpcupdeluxe then install the "fixes" branchs of both Lazarus and FPC. Those are where bugs found after the release have been quashed.
Outside of fpcupdeluxe the branch is called fixes_2_0 (and maybe in fpcupdeluxe too ?), right now its V2RC3 plus. Certainly, as lucamar says, to be preferred over trunk for anything other than experimental work.

Thanks both for the advice. I will indeed take your recommendations and install the fixes for both Lazarus and FPC (and thanks for clearing up my confusion WRT which version to use, I was of the view that TRUNK was the latest release, and it is, but the latest 'experimental' release, probably not good for a beginner to Lazarus.

This is a good forum, BTW. Experts willing to chip in and quickly even if the questions appear trivial (they are not to me as a noob of course).

Kevin

kevin.black

« Reply #1119 on: February 05, 2019, 12:32:46 am »
So I picked the fixes(3.2)/fixes(2.0) option and keep getting fatal errors, I am not clever enough to work out exactly what went wrong other than there's a missing library (note I do have 2.0.0RC3 installed separately):
/Users/kevin/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-darwin/fpc.sh -gl -gw -Fu. -Fu../components/lazutils/lib/x86_64-darwin -Fu../lcl/units/x86_64-darwin -Fu../lcl/units/x86_64-darwin/nogui -Fu/Users/kevin/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/rtl -FE. -FU. -vw-n-h-l-d-u-t-p-c- -dx86_64 lazres.pp
Target OS: Darwin for x86_64
Compiling lazres.pp
Linking ./lazres
ld: library not found for -liconv
An error occurred while linking
Error: Error while linking
Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /Users/kevin/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-darwin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [lazbuild] Error 2
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: LazarusNativeInstaller (BuildModuleCustom: Lazbuild): make returned error code #512

ERROR: Fpcupdeluxe fatal error !
Having said that, I did get a Trunk/Trunk to build and install, just saying...

I will try with Fixes(3.0)/Fixes(2.0). If that fails then RC3 is about where I'm at. Why am I doing this: because I'm trying o get the luipack components installed because I want/need the luiRest components and guess which of the dozen or so lui-controls are failing to install, yes luiRest so I thought I'd try with a different Laz/FPC build. I'll post that on the components forum

EDIT: and that didn't go so well either:
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckModule: FPC): sources error (URL mismatch).
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckModule: FPC): desired URL=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_3_0
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckModule: FPC): desired URL=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_3_0
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: FPCNativeInstaller (CheckModule: FPC): source URL=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_3_2/
Kevin
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 12:56:00 am by kevin.black »

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1120 on: February 05, 2019, 08:01:54 am »
@kevin.black
I have never seen this iconv-error before on Mac.
What OSX-version are you using.
And what does
ls /usr/lib/libiconv.*
and
ls /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/lib/libiconv.*
say ?

About your second error: you try to install different versions of FPC in the same directory !
Personally, I keep trunk in an install-directory called "trunk".
And fixes in "fixes".

xaver13

« Reply #1121 on: February 05, 2019, 05:05:30 pm »
please, when will fpcupdeluxe download Lazarus 2.0 as stable?
Thank you for reply.
--
Jiri Cvrk

heejit

« Reply #1122 on: February 05, 2019, 05:59:44 pm »
I am also waiting for Lazarus 2.0 as stable in fpcupdeluxe.

Your tool really really help make installation of Lazarus/fpc very very easy.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #1123 on: February 05, 2019, 08:06:53 pm »
Tomorrow !  ;)

kevin.black

« Reply #1124 on: February 06, 2019, 01:55:29 am »
@DonAlfredo
I have never seen this iconv-error before on Mac.
What OSX-version are you using.
I am using Mojave, upgraded from High Sierra (Parallels VM).
And what does
ls /usr/lib/libiconv.*
and
ls /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/lib/libiconv.*
say ?
Not sure of the question. if you are asking about these lines in the fpcupdeluxe log windows:
  1. Compiling lazres.pp
  2. Linking ./lazres
  3. ld: library not found for -liconv
  4. An error occurred while linking
Firstly I do not have an SDKs folder under /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/. The only folder under that is usr and it has a single folder share. So All that is there is /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/share.
Sorry you are crediting me with far too much competence and knowledge, I have no idea what 'liconv' is, it's what appeared in the log window and there is no file of that name on my system, that's kinda the limit of my knowledge.
About your second error: you try to install different versions of FPC in the same directory !
Personally, I keep trunk in an install-directory called "trunk".
And fixes in "fixes".
OK, that makes sense, I have been simply using the same folder. And as you point out, the URL issues could be because there is an existing version of the INI file that I should get rid of. I will Try a Fixes/Fixes into a different and clean folder and see if that makes sense.

As suggested I have opted for a Fixes 3.2/Fixes 2.0 install into new folder ./fpcupdeluxe/fixes (after deleting the old folders). The INI file generated is:
  1. [General]
  2. GetRepo=1
  3. FPCOptions=
  4. LazarusOptions=
  5. FPCRevision=
  6. LazarusRevision=
  7. FPCBranch=
  8. LazarusBranch=
  9. SplitFPC=1
  10. SplitLazarus=0
  11. UseWget=0
  12. MakeJobs=1
  13. ExtraVerbose=0
  14. AutoSwitchURL=0
  15. FpcupBootstrappersOnly=0
  16. ForceLocalRepoClient=0
  18. [URL]
  19. fpcURL=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_3_2
  20. lazURL=https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_2_0
  22. [Patches]
  23. FPCPatches=
  24. LazarusPatches=

Bit late responding, I'm waiting for the latest install to succeed (or not). I think FPC installed/built and now onto lazarus. OK, so gets to the end and voila, and again, I have absolutely no idea what the -liconv is:
  1. Target OS: Darwin for x86_64
  2. Compiling lazres.pp
  3. Linking ./lazres
  4. ld: library not found for -liconv
  5. An error occurred while linking
  6. Error: Error while linking
  7. Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
  8. Fatal: Compilation aborted
  9. Error: /Users/kevin/fpcupdeluxe/fixes/fpc/bin/x86_64-darwin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode
  10. make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
  11. make: *** [lazbuild] Error 2
  12. fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: LazarusNativeInstaller (BuildModuleCustom: Lazbuild): make returned error code #512
  14. ERROR: Fpcupdeluxe fatal error !

Apologies for bothering you guys, I know it is difficult working out what the ill-informed noobs are doing and I appreciate your (and other contributors) patience and help.

Kevin

TinyPortal © 2005-2018