Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe  (Read 794115 times)

Windsurfer

• Windsurfer
Re: Fpcupdeluxe
« Reply #405 on: February 24, 2017, 09:29:20 am »
@Jacmoe

I may be doing something silly, a frequent occurrence according to my wife!
How did you install the win32 cross build tools?

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
« Reply #406 on: February 24, 2017, 01:12:43 pm »
I opened Fcpupdeluxe, chose CPU and OS and clicked 'Install cross-compiler' :
more signal - less noise

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
« Reply #407 on: February 24, 2017, 01:22:24 pm »
Er, I haven't tried it with Lazarus 32bit, simply because it didn't occur to me that this would be a good idea, considering that I am running a 64bit system.
However, that doesn't mean that I can't cross-compile to 32bit Windows.

Perhaps it is I who is being silly?
more signal - less noise

Girlbrush

« Reply #408 on: February 24, 2017, 01:40:57 pm »
Er, I haven't tried it with Lazarus 32bit, simply because it didn't occur to me that this would be a good idea, considering that I am running a 64bit system.
However, that doesn't mean that I can't cross-compile to 32bit Windows.

Perhaps it is I who is being silly?
If your development environment is 32-bit, you need a cross-compiler to 64-bit.

Edit: I am also trying to get a 3.0.2 cross-compiler to 32-bit on windows x64. Not hugely urgent, but I can't recommend our team to switch to the newer version until I do.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 01:42:29 pm by Girlbrush »
Getting back into programming after 8+ years.

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
« Reply #409 on: February 24, 2017, 02:18:20 pm »
If your development environment is 32-bit, you need a cross-compiler to 64-bit.
Yes, but it is not. I referred to that I cross-compiled to Windows 32bit using my 64bit development environment by installing the win32/Windows cross-compiler.
I assume that it created a 32bit executable because it ran in Win2000 in VBox.
more signal - less noise

vfclists

• HowTos Considered Harmful?
« Reply #410 on: February 28, 2017, 10:22:32 am »
I am using fpcupdeluxe 1.20i 64bit for Windows and it seems to have a logical bug on it.

If in the IDE I select i386 and Win32 output it generates 64bit executables. When I select i386 CPU and Linux output it still generates Windows executable which is rather illogical. It simply seems to ignore the output options altogether and only generates for the its own operating system and architecture
Lazarus 3.0/FPC 3.2.2

serbod

« Reply #411 on: February 28, 2017, 12:51:59 pm »
fpcupdeluxe hangs up on lazbuild.exe when non-default language localization used and lazbuild.exe output contains non-latin characters.

DonAlfredo

« Reply #412 on: February 28, 2017, 03:22:43 pm »
I am rather busy at the moment ... will address these issues next week !

bvirtual

« Reply #413 on: March 01, 2017, 01:58:57 am »
Subject: fpmkunit.pp(19,2) Error: Mode switch "OBJFPC" not allowed here
---

Update: This top section was added a few minutes after I posted, based upon Cyrax's reqeust for version info here

http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,36029.0.html

Below I have included my full reply to Cyrax's, with my action item of downloading version 1.20l, not the i I used.  Alfredo is rapid in his releases.  +1   :D

I have reported this post to the webmaster, asking them to 'remove' it (I see I could have done that myself), as
I have just reposted to the right thread, that Alfredo reads.   http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,34645.405.html

Point is, this thread may disappear soon. 

Your question does need an answer, and here it is.  Appearing in the title bar of my snapshot

I read this post of Feb 5th:

http://forum.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?topic=27211.240

by DonAlfredo giving this link

https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases/download/v1.2.0i/fpcupdeluxe-x86_64-linux

I was thinking 22 days old was 'good' enough - but now I see the v1.2.0i - that 'i', is old - SURPRISE ME Alfredo had released 'l' now according to:

https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases

Wow, Alfredo is burning through everyone's wish list, so rapidly.  Kudos to Alfredo!!!

So, I will RETRY with the latest.

---

I started using Lazarus/FPC just 3 weeks ago, trying for a Linux cross compile to Mac OS X Intel, and have done a dozen different installs, following any of three instructions, and glad to have found fpcup/deluxe.  Condolences on the passing of the previous author.   Alfredo, you have certainly taken the project forward, so rapidly.  Congrats.  I really have high hopes that fpcupdeluxe will come through for me.  Sure has a nice interface, though on Ubuntu 16 Unity the buttons look perhaps like selected options, no button shadow, fyi.  BTW, a screen shot of your busy interface would have really caught my imagination, and I would have immediately tried, instead of waiting 2 hours.

I downloaded fpcupdeluxe-x86_64-linux binary and softlinked fpcupdeluxe to fpcupdeluxe-x86_64-linux for the below:

fpcupdeluxe   --fpcURL=trunk --lazURL=trunk --installdir=/home/lee/fpc3  --verbose

on Ubuntu 16.04 AMD64.  The window opened, and I changed from 'default' to 'trunk' in both the FPC and Lazarus selection lists.

I clicked on the Trunk Button, and after I got the below error, I cd'ed to the folder, and pasted in the compile command, and got the same error.  Then, I pressed the Install FPC & Lazarus button, and got the same error.  Do you need more info?

BTW, the --installdir was not honored.  Does Clang need to be installed (I'm thinking not).

EXCERPT (blank lines surrounding the error are added by me):

make packages_smart FPC=/home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/compiler/ppcx64 FPCFPMAKE=/home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/compiler/ppcx64 RELEASE=1 'OPT=-Sg -vi-n-h-'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc'
make -C packages smart
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages'
make -C fpmkunit bootstrap
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fpmkunit'
/bin/mkdir -p units_bs/x86_64-linux

/home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/compiler/ppcx64 src/fpmkunit.pp  -Fu/home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/rtl/units/x86_64-linux -FUunits_bs/x86_64-linux -Fu../paszlib/src -Fu../hash/src -Fi../paszlib/src -Cg  -Fi../fcl-process/src/unix -Fu../fcl-process/src -Fi../fcl-process/src/linux -Fi../fcl-process/src/dummy -Fu../libtar/src -Sg -vi-n-h-
Free Pascal Compiler version 3.1.1 [2017/02/28] for x86_64
Copyright (c) 1993-2017 by Florian Klaempfl and others

fpmkunit.pp(19,2) Error: Mode switch "OBJFPC" not allowed here
pipes.pp(61,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping

Fatal: Compilation aborted
Makefile:2357: recipe for target 'bootstrap' failed
make[3]: *** [bootstrap] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages/fpmkunit'
Makefile:1709: recipe for target 'fpmake' failed
make[2]: *** [fpmake] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/packages'
Makefile:2738: recipe for target 'packages_smart' failed
make[1]: *** [packages_smart] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc'
Makefile:2933: recipe for target 'build-stamp.x86_64-linux' failed
make: *** [build-stamp.x86_64-linux] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc'

fpcupdeluxe: info: FPC: Error running make failed with exit code 512
. Details:
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: Error running BuildModuleCustom for module FPC
fpcupdeluxe: WARNING: FPC cleanup: could not cleanup /home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/utils/bin
fpcupdeluxe: WARNING: FPC cleanup: could not cleanup /home/pete/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/utils/units/x86_64-linux
fpcupdeluxe: info: Error running fpcup. Technical details: error executing sequence fpc; line: 5, param: FPC
fpcupdeluxe: info: Error running fpcup. Technical details: error executing sequence Default; line: 3, param: fpc
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 02:22:35 am by bvirtual »

bvirtual

« Reply #414 on: March 01, 2017, 02:47:19 am »
I reran with V1.2.0.l and got the same error as above.  I've attached the full log zip per Cyrax's request.  And a screen snap shot of the GUI with log displayed.  I only clicked on the Install/update FPC+Lazarus button, this time, using "default" for both Version Selection Lists.

bvirtual

« Reply #415 on: March 01, 2017, 03:47:25 am »
I tried the bottom button "2.6.4+1.4" and it just finished with Success!

So, I will install the cross compiler for i386-Darwin now.  If cross compiling will work with these old versions?

While the 2.6.4 was installing I read the full log that I posted.  Well scanned it.  Lots of good output, verbose mode is Great!  I saw nothing obvious.

I still want 3.0.0 cross compiler for i386-Darwin, as the code I have inherited uses MacOSAll.   The code is old, and works on Mac PowerPC, and I must get it work for Mac Intel.

I have access to a Mac 10.6.8, and Lazarus did install, and the code did compile, but all three buttons gave the error "File Not Found", which is ok, but the Quit button gave the same error, and the code for quitting opens no files.  Sigh.  The debugger gdb did not work, so I must install the Mac debugger next.

vfclists

• HowTos Considered Harmful?
« Reply #416 on: March 02, 2017, 03:23:13 am »
I am trying out fpcdeluxe on  Linux system and it has been hanging every time.. I have to kill it using the command line and when I do that X Windows fails completely and I have to restart the computer.

Has anyone had such an experience?

Another thing I want to know is if fpcupdeluxe runs a command line in the backgroud, using the fpcup.ini and settings.ini files. If it does I will be happy to execute the commands directly in the shell if the GUI aspect is the one causing it hang.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 03:25:51 am by vfclists »
Lazarus 3.0/FPC 3.2.2

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
« Reply #417 on: March 02, 2017, 04:02:56 pm »
Yes, I experienced this yesterday and today.
The problem seems to be that Fpcupdeluxe does not yet handle the fact that there is a new Lazarus/FPC release.
Hitting the 'Stable' button allowed the program to successfully carry out all of it's tasks.
more signal - less noise

Richard

« Reply #418 on: March 02, 2017, 07:35:41 pm »
Ran fpcupdeluxe build 2017-02-21, on Debian Linux base, x86_64 cpu.

I selected stable versions of fpc-3.0.2 and Lazarus-1.6.2 for x86_64, Linux and chose to build fpc/Laz in my /home dir. Had to install subversion but then ran into this problem:

Code: [Select]
fpcupdeluxe: info: Error running fpcup.
Technical details: error executing sequence fpc;
line: 5, param: FPC

fpcupdeluxe: info: Error running fpcup.
Technical details: error executing sequence Default;
line: 3, param: fpc

What might I be missing? This is a fresh install in English, so no mixed dir names.

Thanks for your tips.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:51:44 pm by Richard »
MX-16_x64 Xfce, sysvinit via systemd-shim.
Lazarus 1.6-0.1 & FPC 3.0.0.
=Louisiana en Venezuela=

Richard

« Reply #419 on: March 02, 2017, 10:26:44 pm »
I'm running MX Linux based on Debian Jessie (current stable. fpcupdeluxe says I need libgdk-x11-2.0.so,
but so far I've been unable to locate it.

Is this version compatible with Jessie or does fpcupdeluxe need Debian Stretch?
MX-16_x64 Xfce, sysvinit via systemd-shim.
Lazarus 1.6-0.1 & FPC 3.0.0.
=Louisiana en Venezuela=

TinyPortal © 2005-2018