Recent

Author Topic: Fpcupdeluxe for cross-compiling  (Read 11353 times)

DonAlfredo

Fpcupdeluxe for cross-compiling
« on: January 28, 2017, 02:50:13 pm »
Hello,

The latest version of fpcupdeluxe allows for cross-compilation from Windows towards Darwin arm and aarch64 (iOS,iPhone).
As I have no mean of testing, I was wondering if some forum-member(s)could test this for me ?

To test:
Install NewPascal on Windows with fpcupdeluxe (win32-version,latest).
Install arm-darwin and/or aarch64-darwin cross-compiler.
Fpcupdeluxe willl complain about missing libs and bins ... allow it to download them.

If all goes well, you should now be able to cross.

Feedback welcome.

https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases/latest
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 12:10:26 pm by DonAlfredo »

DonAlfredo

Re: Fpcupdeluxe for cross-compiling
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 10:35:05 pm »
Added cross-tools for Linux.
To enable crossing from Linux i386 and x86_64 towards Darwin arm/aarch64.
(crossing towards Darwin i386 and x86_64 was already added in a previous version)

Remember: clang and llvm (with arm/aarch64 targets) needed on your system !
(standard on Mint)

Reports welcome.

Josh

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 05:29:54 pm »
Hi

Thought I wouild give this a try and see what happens, as looks very interesting.

using fdcupdeluxe, i download newpascal win 32, installed darwin, arm,arch64 croscompilers, carbon i386

Created a simple apple with just some controls on it, it runs fine on windows, and i can cross to osx and runs on mac,
when i try to cross to darwin arch64 , I am getting cannot find cocoaall.

Probably me doing something wrong.

On a side note, are there any instruction on how to test the results on an actual device, without getting the developer $99.

Cheers
Josh
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

Phil

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 05:50:51 pm »
Created a simple apple with just some controls on it, it runs fine on windows, and i can cross to osx and runs on mac,
when i try to cross to darwin arch64 , I am getting cannot find cocoaall.

Carbon is 32-bit only, so presumably it's trying to compile for the LCL Cocoa widgetset. CocoaAll is an FPC unit that provides access to Cocoa (AppKit) and Foundation frameworks. It's based on OS X 10.6 header files.

On a side note, are there any instruction on how to test the results on an actual device, without getting the developer $99.

You just tested on a Mac, you said. Maybe you're now talking about iOS devices? An Apple ID is all that you need with Xcode to test on your own iOS devices connected to your Mac. As always, actually reading Apple's docs can be helpful:

https://developer.apple.com/support/compare-memberships/

Josh

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 06:28:02 pm »
Hi Phil,

When I try to build for IOS device, i am choosing Darwin, arch64 and cocoa widgetset. Do I need to adjust anything else?

I have no issues creating app bundles, and adding all the stuff needed in the bundle and creating a dmg file to use on OSX. I thought I would just experiment a bit with creating something to play with on my Ipad Air2 ( as its sitting there just playing games ).
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

Phil

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 06:34:43 pm »
When I try to build for IOS device, i am choosing Darwin, arch64 and cocoa widgetset. Do I need to adjust anything else?

Cocoa widgetset is for Mac only. It uses frameworks that are only available on Mac. There is no widgetset for iOS.

Use Xcode and you'll be running within minutes on your iPad.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018