Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 1.6.4 - Released  (Read 101987 times)

xterm

Re: Lazarus 1.6.4 - Released
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2017, 03:56:37 pm »
I would appreciate information about how you solved it, I have been seeing several posts in this forum and I can not know where the error might be
"Error while linking" that causes lazarus.pp in debian jessie, 64 bits.
No more information, I tried to rebuild clean, but I get the same result.

Thank you.

-- Edit --
In Debian Jessie 32 bits this error is not reproducible, compile OK., but in 64 bits i get the error.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 05:07:56 pm by xterm »

vfclists

• HowTos Considered Harmful?
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2017, 05:36:12 pm »
If there a Debian package for fpc 3.0.2? When I tried to install the Lazarus 1.6.4 package from sourceforge the were some errors.

What is the official repo for FPC 3.0.2?
Lazarus 3.0/FPC 3.2.2

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2017, 06:22:25 pm »

The .tar standalone installers are the official FPC distribution.  Distribution packages are 3rd party, though we do try to keep a copy of the package info (like .spec's in Fedora's case) in case a maintainer stops.

vfclists

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2017, 06:57:28 pm »

The .tar standalone installers are the official FPC distribution.  Distribution packages are 3rd party, though we do try to keep a copy of the package info (like .spec's in Fedora's case) in case a maintainer stops.

Are the tar installers intended to run as root, ie install to the /usr directory instead of the user's? When I tried to install the Lazarus r1.6.4 epo from sourceforge I got a lot of errors saying that fpc 3.0.2 was not available, and I recently saw something here about a Lazarus package that has its own FPC built in.
Lazarus 3.0/FPC 3.2.2

lazie

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2017, 08:02:01 pm »
While rebuilding the IDE I got an ambiguous "error while linking", however, I quickly solved it by searching this forum.

As it is to find in forum - "a lot" of people do not quickly solve this problem... - maybe you could quickly help...   :)

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2017, 11:05:49 pm »
Error while linking ... Usually a clean build solves all such problems.
Otherwise see the FAQ.
 http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#I_receive_an_error_during_the_linking_that_states_.2Fusr.2Fbin.2Fld:_cannot_find_-l.3Csome_lib.3E
GTK2 devel or some other package is not installed.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 11:19:04 pm by JuhaManninen »
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2017, 11:28:01 pm »
Thanks, especially for the trailing null fix. What a relief.
Heh, that opened another can of worms as we know.
 http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,35880.0.html
I still hope somebody will debug the code and find the fundamental reason why copy / paste between Lazarus instances does not work.
It seems many people are willing to report problems but only few people are willing to debug code and solve them.

Anyway the error is in paste and the fix must go to the right place. Copying works correctly now.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

guest58172

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2017, 04:26:32 am »
I didn't see that the new problem isn't fixed. Copying between two Coedit instances works so it has to be something really specific to Lazarus.

In a first place, why didn't you use the simple clipboard operations (.AsText) ?

[Edit by Juha] I copied the question to the "Lazarus Copy and Paste" thread. Please continue there.

vfclists

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2017, 01:54:47 pm »
Error while linking ... Usually a clean build solves all such problems.
Otherwise see the FAQ.
 http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#I_receive_an_error_during_the_linking_that_states_.2Fusr.2Fbin.2Fld:_cannot_find_-l.3Csome_lib.3E
GTK2 devel or some other package is not installed.

Is there a way to configure the IDE or project options to obtain a more verbose report, such as the actual command the linker is executing?
There is usually a ppas.sh or ppas.bat somewhere in the project directly but I can't find it in the project I am building.
Lazarus 3.0/FPC 3.2.2

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2017, 04:29:21 pm »
For ld: -k--verbose
Specialize a type, not a var.

xterm

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2017, 06:21:42 pm »
Well, it seems like it's some kind of problem with the .deb packaging of the fpc-3.0.2 that are to download in the 64-bit version of lazarus.

The way to solve the error (at least to me has not failed), is to download the fpc-3.0.2 in its version .tar, in the download area of ​​sourceforge for fpc. This includes an install.sh (in my case I have executed it on the existing installation of the fpc-3.0.2.deb I had installed (in case it facilitated in some way the uninstallation in case of having to do it).

Once installed (no need to reinstall lazarus), this is already fully functional and compilable.

Thanks for your help, hopefully for future revisions, and a correct .deb is generated (it is always better to install from .deb).

Pd.- The version 3.0.2-1 of the fpc has already come out, at least as .tar.

Sorry for English languaje, is traslated by google-traslate.

Lulu

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2017, 10:07:02 pm »
Thanks you very much for this new released !
I use Lazarus since years and I LOVE IT !  :)
wishing you a nice life

lazie

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2017, 01:18:24 am »
Thank you xterm - an overinstallation of fpc-3.0.2.x86_64-linux.tar (./install.sh) does ist.
(.. - First the 2 fpc deb-packages to do the install of lazarus deb-package.)
 :D
(Did not change anything other (like gtk/gdk dev-packages...)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:20:21 am by lazie »

alcalde

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2017, 02:20:07 am »
Enterprises pretend like Pascal is a forgotten language, and Oberon does not exist at all. But who cares about the enterprises. The crippled languages they offer (Java, C#) are not even able to compile into native machine code. Those virtual machines do not have any scientific value. Excuse me, but we won't write any code for imaginary machines.

If we also consider the fact that C++ is a systems-programming language, we can easily realize that we don't have any other choice than Pascal for professional software development. Object Pascal is the only programming language in the world!

Enterprises aren't "pretending" anything; Pascal suffered a decline in popularity quite some time ago. It was on the decline even when Delphi 1 was released. The last time Pascal was for used for AP Computer Science exams, for instance, was 1999.

Oberon is an obscure language that never left the academic laboratory. Why would a company choose to use it for development? Where would they find Oberon developers? Where would they find Oberon libraries?

Who cares about the enterprises? Everyone.

> The crippled languages they offer (Java, C#) are not even able to compile into native machine code.

Now this is the kind of statement that makes people laugh at Pascal users like they're some sort of cult. Java and C# are hardly "crippled". In addition, they target virtual machines *by design*; you make it sound like it's some sort of glaring omission. You also demonstrate ignorance of Pascal history - Wirth's first implementation of Pascal produced "P-code" for a virtual machine for portability reasons! In many ways it anticipated Java.

The reality is that targeting VMs offer many advantages, not the least of which is portability. The performance is plenty fast. I've seen Java and C# perform faster than Delphi on SciMark, for instance! I've even gotten JITted Python to perform faster than FreePascal in certain instances.

>Those virtual machines do not have any scientific value.

Huh?

> Excuse me, but we won't write any code for imaginary machines.

So you don't target Android either?

>If we also consider the fact that C++ is a systems-programming language, we can easily realize that we don't have any other choice than Pascal for professional software development. Object Pascal is the only programming language in the world!

Are you a troll or is there something... wrong... with you?

jacmoe

• Jacmoe's Cyber SoapBox
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2017, 02:40:36 am »
Are you a troll or is there something... wrong... with you?
I don't think anyone here cares one bit what you think, so let it go.

In every one of your 3 posts, you have been picking on pascal.

Hello ... ? You are in a Pascal community.
If you don't like the language, then why are you here? to fight?
If not, then it would probably be a good idea to tone it down several notches.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:44:51 am by jacmoe »
more signal - less noise

TinyPortal © 2005-2018