Recent

Author Topic: TLazSerial component loses published properties on run (solved)  (Read 2972 times)

PStechPaul

• P S Technology, Inc.
I have ported most of my Ortmaster project to Lazarus and I placed a TLazSerial component on one of the forms. I named the component CommSerialPort. While editing, the usual properties show up, such as Active. But when I run the application, and stop on a breakpoint with CommSerialPort, the properties are shown as the private equivalents, such as FActive. At one point I had set CommSerialPort.Name to 'COM6", which of course changed the name of the component, but I fixed that. Any ideas how this could happen, and how to fix it? Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:12:51 am by PStechPaul »

PStechPaul

• P S Technology, Inc.
Re: TLazSerial component loses published properties on run
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 04:12:23 am »
I'm not exactly sure how I did it, but the application is now working. I did add all the pertinent files to the project - perhaps that had something to do with it. Actually it worked for a while, until I got a run-time error, but the communication module needs work.

PStechPaul

• P S Technology, Inc.
Re: TLazSerial component loses published properties on run (solved)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 05:16:57 am »
Not exactly related, but my Ortmaster application does not stop execution when running in the IDE debugger. I need to select the Run>Stop menu item. The application itself seems to close OK. I have some code that executes when the "close" button "X" is clicked, but eventually it calls Application.Terminate.

It seems to hang up here:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. procedure AdjustFormBounds(const AForm: TCustomForm; out SizeRect: TRect);
  2. begin
  3.   // the LCL defines the size of a form without border, win32 with.
  4.   // -> adjust size according to BorderStyle
  5.   SizeRect := AForm.BoundsRect;
  6.   Windows.AdjustWindowRectEx(@SizeRect, CalcBorderStyleFlags(AForm) or CalcBorderIconsFlags(AForm),
  7.     False, CalcBorderStyleFlagsEx(AForm) or CalcBorderIconsFlagsEx(AForm));
  8. end;  

TinyPortal © 2005-2018