Recent

Author Topic: Use Run (F9) with running the program or debugger  (Read 2747 times)

kupferstecher

Use Run (F9) with running the program or debugger
« on: June 11, 2017, 05:10:29 pm »
Hello,

what I try to achive is compiling a fpc program with target embedded and upload it directly to the microcontroller. The command line for the uploader could be defined in "Project options / Compiler options / Compiler Commands / Execute after". And for Build (Shift+F9) this works fine. But when pressing Run (F9), then Lazarus is trying to start a Exe with name of the project. If I place a dummy exe in the same folder, then Lazarus trys to start the debugger resulting in an error message.
When I uncheck the option "runnable" in the "Project options / Miscellaneous" menue then Run (F9) wouldn't even work.

I also tried menue "Run / Run parameters / Local / Launching application", but this didn't work eigher (Lazarus still tried to run a Exe).

So does anybody know if and how its possible to define a commandline for the Run-command and run it instead of searching for an executable?

Thanks!

Regards~

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Use Run (F9) with running the program or debugger
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 08:14:04 pm »
try shift ctrl F9 ?

That is just "build".

You can re-assign the keys, but that affects all projects.

kupferstecher

Re: Use Run (F9) with running the program or debugger
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 09:08:37 pm »
With 'build' it works, but it would be nice to have the same key for target embedded and LCL-application, i.e. F9.

Is it not possible? How does target android deal with it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018