Recent

Author Topic: Floating Panel  (Read 4001 times)

Bazzao

• Pies are squared.
Floating Panel
« on: July 06, 2017, 01:28:36 pm »
A component I created in Delphi5 years ago does not want to convert to Lazarus. The error list is very long. And looking up leads to blind alleys.

The component was a floating panel that could mb moved around the screen. Any other sources for such component?

TIA %)

B
Bazza

Lazarus 2.0.10; FPC 3.2.0; SVN Revision 63526; x86_64-win64-win32/win64
Windows 10.

taazz

Re: Floating Panel
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 01:57:46 pm »
A component I created in Delphi5 years ago does not want to convert to Lazarus. The error list is very long. And looking up leads to blind alleys.

The component was a floating panel that could mb moved around the screen. Any other sources for such component?

TIA %)

B
There is a panel like that in the lazreport designer. You can see by placing an frreport in a form double click to open the designer and selecting the menu tools\toolbars\object inspector. I think is a component. Now having said that you can always post the component here for us to help port it. If that is not appropriate I can take a look privately for you. (I'm really curious to see that code now ;) ).

PS:
Can I ask why don't you use the popupMode/PopupParent properties of the form to build a floating toolbar/window and require an floating panel? (Personally I dislike them mainly because they look and behave strangely I prefer the floating toolbar metaphor much better.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:03:05 pm by taazz »
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

jc99

• My private Site
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 05:13:35 pm »
There is a panel like that in the lazreport designer. You can see by placing an frreport in a form double click to open the designer and selecting the menu tools\toolbars\object inspector. I think is a component. Now having said that you can always post the component here for us to help port it. If that is not appropriate I can take a look privately for you. (I'm really curious to see that code now ;) ).

PS:
Can I ask why don't you use the popupMode/PopupParent properties of the form to build a floating toolbar/window and require an floating panel? (Personally I dislike them mainly because they look and behave strangely I prefer the floating toolbar metaphor much better.
For me too (pretty PLZ with extra sugar)
And post, what you find ...
... there was a floating (transparent) panel thread some where here (floating also in the LMDI-test-Prog)
OS: Win XP x64, Win 7, Win 7 x64, Win 10, Win 10 x64, Suse Linux 13.2
Laz: 1.4 - 1.8.4, 2.0
https://github.com/joecare99/public
'~|    /''
,_|oe \_,are
If you want to do something for the environment: Twitter: #reduceCO2 or
https://www.betterplace.me/klimawandel-stoppen-co-ueber-preis-reduzieren

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 09:29:42 pm »
My Burdjia Components have two components that allow to do what you say.  Please test it and tell me what do you think.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

Bazzao

• Pies are squared.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 11:25:06 pm »
For me too (pretty PLZ with extra sugar)
And post, what you find ...
... there was a floating (transparent) panel thread some where here (floating also in the LMDI-test-Prog)

I've given taazzz the code. Let's see what he can do with it.

B
Bazza

Windows 10.

Bazzao

• Pies are squared.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 11:26:12 pm »
My Burdjia Components have two components that allow to do what you say.  Please test it and tell me what do you think.

Thanks, I'll look at that.

B
Bazza

Windows 10.

Bazzao

• Pies are squared.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 09:06:50 am »
taazz has brought the floating panel into Lazarus. Many thanks to taazz.  :)

Gives me a chance to work on it (I no longer have Delphi).

B
Bazza

Windows 10.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018