Recent

Author Topic: Thank you for your vote. Lazarus is Project of the Month on Sourceforge  (Read 20253 times)

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: Thank you for your vote. Lazarus is Project of the Month on Sourceforge
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 11:02:02 am »
AFAIK Michael Van Canneyt and Detlef D. Overbeek are the foundation members. They talk every week.
Where do they talk? I am also interested.
There is a Google+ group "Free Pascal and Lazarus Foundation" but Michael V.C. does not follow it. Detlef and Boian Mitov have written something.
At least I did not get answers from them when I raised my concern about the lack of PR and public visibility.
I guess they also have a Facebook group but I will not create a Facebook account for that.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

hnb

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 11:24:43 am »
Where do they talk? I am also interested.
There is a Google+ group "Free Pascal and Lazarus Foundation" but Michael V.C. does not follow it. Detlef and Boian Mitov have written something.
At least I did not get answers from them when I raised my concern about the lack of PR and public visibility.
I guess they also have a Facebook group but I will not create a Facebook account for that.

I don't belive in good intentions of Boian Mitov. He release notifications about foundation only when he saw my NewPascal initiative. Lazarus Foundation + Boian: it is a strange mix. Boian is not an Open Source guy at all, and I guess he is getting some money already with his own closed products. His "mitov rtti" is closed, and never released.

He insulted me and he kicked me out from Google+ group of Lazarus foundation without any reason.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 11:27:54 am by hnb »
Checkout NewPascal initiative and donate beer - ready to use tuned FPC compiler + Lazarus for mORMot project

best regards,
Maciej Izak

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 11:48:55 am »
I don't belive in good intentions of Boian Mitov. He release notifications about foundation only when he saw my NewPascal initiative. Lazarus Foundation + Boian: it is a strange mix. Boian is not an Open Source guy at all, and I guess he is getting some money already with his own closed products. His "mitov rtti" is closed, and never released.
I didn't know of such tensions. Business + open source is perfectly OK. In fact the most successful open source projects get support from commercial companies.
A company or a person can develop both open and closed source SW. This is not a religion where "wrong believers" must be condemned.
I feel your claims are unjust!

He insulted me and he kicked me out from Google+ group of Lazarus foundation without any reason.
What does it mean? You cannot write there any more because he blocked your access? That sounds strange. The situation should be clarified and cleared with the people involved.

You advertised your NewPascal initiative in the foundation's Google+ group, just after it was opened. It very much looked like a competing project. Both the timing and the place to advertise it were poorly chosen.
Anyway it was understood by foundation members as an unfortunate timing coincidence, as anybody can check in the Google+ group.
I am puzzled by your comments now ... :(

ps

• CSS
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 01:38:57 pm »
Very bad news. Maybe it was only backup plan when Delphi fall. I see many activity of Mitov in Delphi and none in FPC/Lazarus ... TMS and FastReport is closed too, but  more helpful for Lazarus/FPC.
Maybe it will be good to move this discussion to new thread.

BTW: Blender foundation is great example of foundation:
https://www.blender.org/foundation/development-fund/

You don't need, its dead like G+
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:49:56 pm by ps »
Small simple CSS/box model implementation: https://github.com/pst2d/csscontrols/tree/dev

hnb

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 02:49:39 pm »
I didn't know of such tensions. Business + open source is perfectly OK. In fact the most successful open source projects get support from commercial companies.
A company or a person can develop both open and closed source SW. This is not a religion where "wrong believers" must be condemned.
I feel your claims are unjust!
No. Sure everyone can develop both open and closed source SW, and this is good direction. I have also many commercial plans but somehow I stuck with pure open source :). But Boian motivation for publishing/announcing non finished foundation only because (and that was confirmed by Boian) I had done small initiative to support mOMot Lazarus and FPC was stupid, unfair and pure evil. IMO he just want to control money flow to improve missing elements needed by his projects. No vision, no real action, no donation for Open Source, he is not part of community. Just pure selfishness for his own projects/needs.

He decide to shut me down as competition. Sick thing.

IMO he should ask me for details before he shipped stupid FUD about NewPascal and me personally.

What does it mean? You cannot write there any more because he blocked your access? That sounds strange. The situation should be clarified and cleared with the people involved.

You advertised your NewPascal initiative in the foundation's Google+ group, just after it was opened. It very much looked like a competing project. Both the timing and the place to advertise it were poorly chosen.
Anyway it was understood by foundation members as an unfortunate timing coincidence, as anybody can check in the Google+ group.
I am puzzled by your comments now ... :(

I say it again: timing and the place to advertise "Lazarus foundation" was chosen to kill NewPascal and to block donations for NewPascal initiative which was clearly stated by Boian Mitov:

>2016-06-27 21:19 GMT+02:00 Boian Mitov :
>but then this guy obviously saw my post, and decided to announce >his own "Foundation", so I had to respond with our announcement:

no offence here but it sounds for ma as "Persecution Mania". NewPascal was planned for a long time as field for improving compiler and mORMot, and NewPascal foundation was not intended to hurt anyone in opposition to "Boian Mitov Official Lazarus Foundation". From my site I spend MONTHS to start ground for NewPascal. I lay off many commercial offerts/work just to finish my idea after work hours at home. And he told that after few hours after some of his post somewhere in internet I've created NewPascal :D. Just NewPascal logo took me one/two weeks.

IIRC there is no single ad about NewPascal. I just posted info something like

"Foundation" word is removed from page title of newpascal.org
My general sentence was : If there is official foundation I will rename NewPascal foundation to just NewPascal project because we don't need two foundations.

Juha it is really ad? Could you explain me in which place/part it is ad? IIRC There was also one more post which explains that NewPascal was created not in few hours or days. Anyway I have no access to G+ "Boian Mitov Official Lazarus Foundation" community so I can't check this directly.

I changed money donations info on NewPascal site to more beer oriented...  At the end of story Boian said "sorry" to make happy others from community and in next step Lazarus foundation banned me :D. I don't want to be part of such thing. Maybe this ban is coincidence. I don't care. I am happy with Beer, mORMot, FPC and Lazarus forum.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 06:50:48 pm by hnb »
Checkout NewPascal initiative and donate beer - ready to use tuned FPC compiler + Lazarus for mORMot project

best regards,
Maciej Izak

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 06:11:43 pm »
At the end of story Boian said "sorry" to make happy others from community and in next step Lazarus foundation banned me :D. I don't want to be part of such thing. Maybe this ban is coincidence. I don't care.
Strange. I did not see the discussion as so dramatic. The "sorry" from Boian kind of acknowledged and cleared the misunderstanding and everything was OK in my view.
Thus banning you from the foundation group sounds very surprising. Maybe the foundation members could clarify the actual reasons ...

I am happy with Beer, mORMot, FPC and Lazarus forum.
Free as in "free beer" as RMS says. :)
Either beer or bread is the oldest refined food product in the world. Good!

lhxzui

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 03:34:32 am »
Great!  :)

Groffy

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2017, 09:39:12 am »
So far the "foundation" seems to be a closed organisation with three members. There is right now no statute (I wonder how long a translation should take...) and no financial report. I will wait for both before I even start thinking about to take that organisation serious.

Best regards
Linux Mint / Windows 10 / Lazarus 3.0.0 / trunk -qt

Wargan

• 'This way' site
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 11:00:35 am »
Congratulations!
It was a great job, I hope Lazarus will be the best project SourceForge (except for FPC  :P)
Lazarus 1.8RC5+ FPC 3.0.4.
Windows 7 x32, RAM 3 Gb.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018