Recent

Author Topic: MEnu editor  (Read 3212 times)

cpat

MEnu editor
« on: September 02, 2017, 03:20:29 am »
I'm new to LAzarus and am attempting to build a new application on Weird Windows 10 and Lazarus v 1.6.4.
My problem is the Menu editor. I have the menu icon on the form with 1 item named File. I can find no documentation on the menu editor - in the hep file or online. How do I go about creating subitems to 'File' and add other main items to the menu?

Mick

Re: MEnu editor
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 03:28:16 am »
I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but in form's designer right click on the component of the TMainMenu (that icon placed somewhere on the form, not the rendered menu at the top of the form). Then, from the popup menu you should see, select "Menu editor...". Or double-click that component icon. The rest should be self-explanatory.
EDIT: Reading once again your post I wonder if I get the problem. Is it the problem with showing the menu editor at all? Or maybe you don't know how to handle the menu editor commands? If it is the second case, then you should use right-click and the commands to add next items or submenus should appear.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 03:43:56 am by Mick »

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 08:30:36 am »
Lazarus 1.8 has a new rewritten menu editor. I recommend to install the RC4 version.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

cpat

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 03:36:01 pm »
Thanks,
what I wasn't doing was right clicking on the 'File' button in the menu editor.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018