Recent

Author Topic: Fatal: Cannot find lazcontroldsgn used by Lazarus.  (Read 21229 times)

Chronos

• PascalClassLibrary
Fatal: Cannot find lazcontroldsgn used by Lazarus.
« on: October 26, 2017, 10:49:24 pm »
After upgrade to Xubuntu 17.10 amd64. Even removed previous packages and purged configuration and installed cleanly default packages without help.
Lazarus version: 1.8.0~rc4+dfsg-1
FPC version: 3.0.2+dfsg-5ubuntu1
Removed ~/.lazarus directory.

Still Build Lazarus IDE with Normal profile fails:
lazarus.pp(1,1) Fatal: Cannot find lazcontroldsgn used by Lazarus. Check if package LazControlDsgn creates lazcontroldsgn.ppu, check nothing deletes this file and check that no two packages have access to the unit source..

What is best way to resolve this issue?

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: Fatal: Cannot find lazcontroldsgn used by Lazarus.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 11:23:08 pm »
What is best way to resolve this issue?
Just install package components/lazcontrols/design/lazcontroldsgn.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Chronos

• PascalClassLibrary
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 07:51:35 am »
Problem is that this package is already "installed". It is listed in menu Package - Install/Uninstall packages... on left side.
If I open this package manually and click to Use - Install, then same error appears. If I click to Compile package, then it compiles itself.
Then if I click to package Use - Install or Tools - Build Lazarus then it compiles ok. But after lazarus restarts itself, the problem is there again. So something is bad.
Also I checked version in About dialog and reported date is 2017-10-23 and not today. So I am not sure if correct version is started. Probably yes, just date is incorrect. I see new compiled version in ~/.lazarus/bin/lazarus
Lazarus is started from main menu using: startlazarus-1.8.0 %f

But if it isn't problem with ~/.lazarus directory then what else can affect lazarus configuration.

Chronos

• PascalClassLibrary
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 11:27:44 pm »
Somebody probably messed up lcl packages for Ubuntu. Because according idemake.cfg there should be directory -Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.0/components/lazcontrols/design/lib/x86_64-linux/gtk2 but such directory doesn't exist.
Even required file lazcontroldsgn.ppu doesn't exist anywhere in apt database:
apt-file search lazcontroldsgn.ppu returns none such package.

Question is why Lazarus is not able to recompile such package by itself inside ~/.lazarus/units/x86_64-linux/gtk2 ? In fact if I compile package manually it is generated to ~/.lazarus/lib/LazControlDsgn/lib/x86_64-linux/gtk2/ Then new line is added to idemake.cfg as -Fu~/.lazarus/lib/LazControlDsgn/lib/x86_64-linux/gtk2 but this remains only for one IDE compilation. Next run it disappears and error comes back.

jerrylaz

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 04:00:23 am »
Hi All,

I am having the same problem as Chronos.
I am using Ubuntu ver 17.10 running lazarus installed from repo...

EDIT:

PROBLEM SOLVED!!
And thanks goes to Martin_fr from another thread http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=32779.0

You need to install the  package lazcontroldsgn.lpk from /lazarus/components/lazcontrols/design.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 04:28:07 am by jerrylaz »

Chronos

• PascalClassLibrary
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 09:40:47 am »
Hi All,
PROBLEM SOLVED!!
And thanks goes to Martin_fr from another thread http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=32779.0

You need to install the  package lazcontroldsgn.lpk from /lazarus/components/lazcontrols/design.

No, unfortunately this doesn't solve problem permanently but just for one rebuild. The issue is still valid after next restart of Lazarus.
Any other idea how to solve it?

Raf20076

• https://github.com/Raf20076
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 09:02:33 am »
IT IS SERIOUS PROBLEM  WHICH IS NOT SOLVED YET! >:(

I have got the same problem

You need to install the  package lazcontroldsgn.lpk from /lazarus/components/lazcontrols/design. -
This doesn't work at all.

I was trying to install sptktoolbar and I have got this error

Lazarus.pp(1,1) Fatal: Cannot find lazcontroldsgn used by Lazarus. Check if package LazControlDsgn creates lazcontroldsgn.ppu, check nothing deletes this file and check that no two packages have access to the unit source..

I am using Debian Stretch (32bit) 9.3 and lxde graphic environment. Lazarus is from Debian repo backports 1.8+dfsg-1-bpo9+1

Any Ideas?

Raf20076

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 10:50:13 am »
I solved it 8-)
I solves it  8-)
in lazarus first install the  package lazcontroldsgn.lpk from /lazarus/components/lazcontrols/design. Close Lazarus.

I copied files
LazControlDsgn.compiled  lazcontroldsgn.ppu  registerlazcontrols.o
lazcontroldsgn.o    lazcontrols.res     registerlazcontrols.ppu
from
/home/debian/.lazarus/lib/LazControlDsgn/lib/i386-linux/gtk2 (debian - is my username)
into
/usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.0/components/lazcontrols/lib/i386-linux/gtk2

Go to your home directory and type ls -a
You will see .lazarus directory
type cd .lazarus/lib/LazControlDsgn/lib/i386-linux/gtk2
type ls
You will see files
LazControlDsgn.compiled  lazcontroldsgn.ppu  registerlazcontrols.o
lazcontroldsgn.o    lazcontrols.res     registerlazcontrols.ppu
the copy then one by one into /usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.0/components/lazcontrols/lib/i386-linux/gtk2
type
cp LazControlDsgn.compiled /usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.0/components/lazcontrols/lib/i386-linux/gtk2
cp lazcontroldsgn.ppu /usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.0/components/lazcontrols/lib/i386-linux/gtk2
cp registerlazcontrols.o /usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.0/components/lazcontrols/lib/i386-linux/gtk2
cp lazcontroldsgn.o /usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.0/components/lazcontrols/lib/i386-linux/gtk2
cp lazcontrols.res /usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.0/components/lazcontrols/lib/i386-linux/gtk2
cp registerlazcontrols.ppu /usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.0/components/lazcontrols/lib/i386-linux/gtk2
Start your Lazarus. Now you can install components

look at https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,39894.0.html

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 01:39:01 pm »
If you needed to go through all these hoops and loops YOU were doing something seriously wrong!
And -btw- fpc 3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8 are in stretch-backports.
Don't consider the above posting as serious advice.  But I am glad your investigative nature solved the problem for you. 8-)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:41:53 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

Raf20076

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 02:32:08 pm »
Thanks Thaddy
I saw that since October 2017 no one gave any answers to Chronos, how to solve the problem. Now the same problem happened to me, so I have decided to sort it out, successfully. If you know better solution to this problem, you are welcome.

del

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 10:22:28 pm »
FWIW I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. And I solved it with a piecemeal installation of the controls package. Then it found another similar problem - just kicking the can down the road. I was trying to use the Synaptic Package Manager (Mint) to install FPC / Lazarus out of deb files. Couldn't make it work. So I just double clicked on the deb files and let them do the installing.

Got the files from here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Linux%20amd64%20DEB/Lazarus%201.8.0/

I got a "code red" warning about a package conflict after I installed the FPC deb. But I ignored it and installed the FPC source (success - green) and Lazarus (success - green). Bingo. Lazarus with its Cheetah icon appears in the start menu.

Click on it and off we go. This is my favorite way of installing Lazarus on my machines. EVERYTHING works - AnchorDockingDsgn: install, recompile IDE, NO errors / warnings. OnlinePackageManager: install, recompile IDE, NO errors / warnings. You're ready to rock in less than 10 minutes.  8-)

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 10:18:16 am »
Some people may experience the problems because they start "lazarus" binary directly instead of using "startlazarus".
Lazarus is installed in a write protected directory, thus a new rebuilt binary is placed in the local config directory. Startlazarus uses it when it is available.

Raf20076

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 11:30:28 am »
Lazarus is installed in a write protected directory, thus a new rebuilt binary is placed in the local config directory. Startlazarus uses it when it is available.

Maybe I should start Lazarus from terminal as super user (after su command)
su
lazarus
and then install package lazcontroldsgn.lpk from /lazarus/components/lazcontrols/design then rebuild Lazarus.
Perhaps LazControlDsgn directory then will be installed in /usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.0/components/lazcontroldsgn/lib/i386-linux/gtk2 and then the line -Fu/usr/lib/LazControlDsgn/lib/i386-linux/gtk2 could be added automatically to idemake.cfg file. see here http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,39894.0.html  ?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:32:45 am by Raf20076 »

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 12:50:08 pm »
Maybe I should start Lazarus from terminal as super user (after su command)
su
lazarus
No! Run "startlazarus" as I wrote. It will start the correct binary.

and then install package lazcontroldsgn.lpk from /lazarus/components/lazcontrols/design then rebuild Lazarus.
Perhaps LazControlDsgn directory then will be installed in /usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.0/components/lazcontroldsgn/lib/i386-linux/gtk2 and then the line -Fu/usr/lib/LazControlDsgn/lib/i386-linux/gtk2 could be added automatically to idemake.cfg file. see here http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,39894.0.html  ?
Non of that is needed. I don't know why a simple thing turned into so complex issue in your computer.
You could try with a clean configuration by removing or renaming the local config dir (~/.lazarus).

If the problems continue, you may want to remove the Lazarus installation completely from write protected /usr directory and get the sources directly from SVN into your home dir. Then build with "make". Then you can start the "lazarus" binary directly because it is not write protected. A rebuild will always happen in-place.
When using the fixes_1_8 SVN branch you always get the latest bug fixes as an extra bonus.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:59:35 pm by JuhaManninen »

torumyax

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 10:59:01 pm »
I'm having the exact same problem on Ubuntu 17.10(fresh install). The first thing I did was to install lazarus and try to rebuild the IDE. Then I got this error.

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. lazarus.pp(1,1) Fatal: Cannot find lazcontroldsgn used by Lazarus. Check if package LazControlDsgn creates lazcontroldsgn.ppu, check nothing deletes this file and check that no two packages have access to the unit source..

I also getting this error when messing around with "option"
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. The Lazarus directory "/usr/lib/lazarus/" does not look correct:
  2. directory lcl not found

I might have mistakingly sudo'ed to startlazarus right after "sudo apt install lazarus"..

I'll try reinstalling lazarus and report back.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:29:14 am by torumyax »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018