Recent

Author Topic: Fatal: Cannot find lazcontroldsgn used by Lazarus.  (Read 21224 times)

torumyax

Re: Fatal: Cannot find lazcontroldsgn used by Lazarus.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 12:32:30 am »
OK, I gave up and downloaded the official files from
https://www.lazarus-ide.org/

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. $ sudo apt install ./lazarus-project_1.8.0-1_amd64.deb
  2. $ sudo apt install ./fpc-src_3.0.4-2_amd64.deb
  3. $ sudo apt install ./fpc_3.0.4-2_amd64.deb

exit, start new terminal, and

$ startlazarus
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:28:19 am by torumyax »

torumyax

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 12:41:54 am »
I hope this will be fixed soon because I've been advertising at my blog and somewhere else that this cool looking lazarus can be installed with just one line "sudo apt install lazarus".
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:50:10 am by torumyax »

guest48180

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 12:28:21 am »
I just installed the Lazarus 1.8.2 w/fpc 3.0.4 and I can't install packages either.

Some people may experience the problems because they start "lazarus" binary directly instead of using "startlazarus".
Lazarus is installed in a write protected directory, thus a new rebuilt binary is placed in the local config directory. Startlazarus uses it when it is available.
I used startlazarus and I still got the error and still couldn't install packages.

guest48180

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 03:34:52 am »
Here's some output that I hope helps the devs fix this issue:

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. slyde@slyde-HP-Pavilion-Desktop-PC-570-p0xx ~ $ sudo startlazarus
  2.  is a file
  3. TLazarusManager.Run starting /usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.2/lazarus ...
  4. Hint: (lazarus) [TMainIDE.ParseCmdLineOptions] PrimaryConfigPath="/home/slyde/.lazarus"
  5. Hint: (lazarus) [TMainIDE.ParseCmdLineOptions] SecondaryConfigPath="/etc/lazarus"
  6. Looking for code tools config file:  "/home/slyde/.lazarus/codetoolsoptions.xml"
  7. NOTE: codetools config file not found - using defaults
  8. Hint: (lazarus) [TBuildManager.SetBuildTarget] Old=x86_64-linux-gtk2 New=x86_64-linux-gtk2 FPC=True LCL=False
  9. TComponentTreeView.SetSelection: Updating component node values.
  10. TLazSourceFileManager.LoadLFM Creating designer for hidden component of /usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.2/components/rtticontrols/examples/examplegrid1.pas
  11. TLazSourceFileManager.InitOpenedProjectFile select form in designer: Form1:TForm1 TDesigner
  12. NOTE: Window with stalled focus found!, faking focus-out event
  13. NOTE: Window with stalled focus found!, faking focus-out event
  14. WARNING: TGtk2WidgetSet.InvalidateRect refused invalidating during paint message: TTreeView
  15. Hint: closing unneeded package "sqlite3laz"
  16. Note: (lazarus) renamed file "/usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.2/lazarus" to "/usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.2/lazarus.old"
  17. Info: (lazarus) Execute Title="Build IDE"
  18. Info: (lazarus) Working Directory="/usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.2/"
  19. Info: (lazarus) Executable="/usr/bin/make"
  20. Info: (lazarus) Param[0]="idepkg"
  21. Info: (lazarus) Param[1]="-w"
  22. TIDEFPCParser.ImproveMsgUnitNotFound FindUnitInAllUsesSections failed due to syntax errors or lazcontroldsgn is not used in /usr/lib/lazarus/1.8.2/ide/lazarus.pp

After starting Lazarus, I tried to add the sqlite3laz package and rebuild the IDE.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 10:36:01 am »
I hope this will be fixed soon because I've been advertising at my blog and somewhere else that this cool looking lazarus can be installed with just one line "sudo apt install lazarus".
Yes I hope so, too, but this is a wrong forum to complain about it. With "sudo apt install ..." the packages come from the distribution's repository. Their packages are faulty. Complain in their forum please.

I just installed the Lazarus 1.8.2 w/fpc 3.0.4 and I can't install packages either.
Did you use packages provided by Lazarus project or by your distribution (Ubuntu or whatever)?

Here's some output that I hope helps the devs fix this issue: ...
If the packages are from your distribution's repository, how are Lazarus developers supposed to fix them?

BTW, the .deb packages provided by Lazarus project are not guaranteed to work in every distro version either because they come with different library and binutil etc. versions and the dependencies may not match.
In that case I recommend getting and building Lazarus from SVN. It is very easy once FPC is installed from the distro's repo.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:46:40 am by JuhaManninen »
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Laurie

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 03:18:46 pm »
Lazarus and free pascal are great...I have them on a Windows machine as well as RPi.
But I have hit the same problem with Ubuntu 18.04: Lazarus IDE will not build. It dies with following error:

"lazarus.pp(1,1) Fatal: Cannot find lazcontroldsgn used by Lazarus. Check if package LazControlDsgn creates lazcontroldsgn.ppu, check nothing deletes this file and check that no two packages have access to the unit source.."

This was on a clean install from bare metal ! This is what I did.
1. Reformatted and partitioned a new SSD.
2. Installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS from CD by booting from CD on a Toshiba Laptop Tecra A9.
3. Downloaded lazarus_1.8.2+dfsg-3_all.deb and installed it. No problems.
4. Started Lazarus...no problems.
5. Immediately rebuilt the Lazarus IDE...error as outlined above.

I'm not sure where to go from here.
I don't wish to fiddle with a work around.
Perhaps I need to go back to Ubuntu 16 until a fix comes?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Laurie

alex256

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2018, 04:07:04 pm »
Hello,

I was trying to rebuild Lazarus from sources in Debian repos to find where the issue is.

At first, I noticed that components/lazcontrols/design/lib is just not installed. After adding it to debian/lcl-gtk2.install and rebuilding the package, rebuilding the IDE became OK, but adding some packages (e.g SpartaDockedFormEditor) gives the similar error (cannot find sparta_mdi used by lazarus).

I started to search the difference between the Debian version and the original deb package and found the difference.lpks in Debian repos have this line:

Code: [Select]
<AutoUpdate Value="Manually"/>

and the lines in debian/rules which adds this:

Code: [Select]
# Mark package as manually compilable and install them
for package in `find -name '*.lpk'` ; \
do \
${MKDIR} `dirname "${LIB_DIR}/$${package}"` ; \
sed -e 's@\(\W*\)<CompilerOptions>.*@\1<AutoUpdate Value="Manually"/>\n&@' "$${package}" > "${LIB_DIR}/$${package}" ; \
done

What is more interesting, the debian/rules file in the original Lazarus sources also have these lines, but the deb package from lazarus website doesn't mark lpks as "<AutoUpdate Value="Manually" />"

Related Debian bugs:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=896702
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=898310

Laurie

SOLVED Re: Fatal: Cannot find lazcontroldsgn used by Lazarus.
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2018, 02:02:58 pm »
SOLVED
I solved this on another post,  below is the text of that post.
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,41264.msg287107.html#msg287107

FINALLY..I now seem to have a solution for this irritating problem.
I hope this helps those still unable to add packages. This is my solution.....
1 Open a terminal with CTRL-ALT T
2. In the terminal start Lazarus with "sudo startlazarus"
3. From the top line menu select Package | Open loaded package
4. Scroll down the list of packages and open LazControlDsgn package
5. When the package window opens, Click on " Compile" on the top line if the window
6. Then click "Use" (next to compile)  and select install. (This is very important to do)
7. From the "Tools" menu on the top line menu, select "Build Lazarus with Profile: Normal IDE"
And that should do it !! :D

Lazarus should then build and find the LazcontrolDsgn compiled package. Once the IDE is built, shut down Lazarus and the terminal and re-start Lazarus normally.
Now you should be able to add other packages and rebuild the IDE like previously.  The only problem that I've noted is that Lazarus does not re-start automatically after the rebuild.
You don't have to use "sudo" to start Lazarus again. I suspect that the original problem might have been a permissions issue in lazarus not finding the compiled LazControlDsgn compiled unit, so (possibly ?) using "sudo startlazarus" the first time allowed the compiled unit/package to be saved in a protected directory? Only a guess.
Now...how to allow Lazarus to re-start automatically after rebuilding the IDE ???  :-\
HTH.

Laurie

TinyPortal © 2005-2018