Recent

Author Topic: Belgian EID smartcard reader  (Read 5385 times)

Fripsy

Belgian EID smartcard reader
« on: October 27, 2017, 11:28:54 am »
Hi All,

I have written a Lazarus program to read the Belgian ID-card under Windows, this works perfectly but, now the client needs this program to run under OSX...

The Windows version is using the Swelio library which (obviously) works only on windows...
I've been asking Mr. Google for any examples in pascal code to speak to a smartcard reader, but no luck so far.
All I'm finding is that I should use the PCKS#11 api, but I can't find any samples on how to do this with Lazarus or free pascal.

Could any one point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,
Frank.
Lazarus 1.4.0 r48774 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: Belgian EID smartcard reader
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 11:35:07 am »
Well...
Start here....
http://www.smartcardalliance.org/smart-cards-intro-standards/

And before you complain... these are standards (standards in Walloon too)....
Specialize a type, not a var.

Fripsy

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 11:59:45 am »
Thanks Thaddy,

Those standards are indeed standards... even in Flemish  ;)

I found that site already, but I'm not sure the OpenCard framework is the way to go as it is abandoned already years ago...

On the mac there is already a driver installed, which is being used from a java program (written by a third party, no source available).
I see some samples in java on the net... but I'm not a java guy, and (for the moment) I'm not willing to learn it just for this one application...

The search continues...
Lazarus 1.4.0 r48774 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

taazz

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 02:02:51 pm »
PC/SC

PC/SC is a standard from PC/SC Workgroup but the “reference implementation” is still Windows winscard.dll. Linux uses the open source pcsc-lite package. And Mac OS X uses a fork of pcsc-lite included in the SmartCardServices project.
source : https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/wiki/Creating-applications-with-smart-card-support. I'm guessing you need to find a wrapper around the pc/sc api for pascal and that will get you close to macos.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

WiJans

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 10:15:07 am »
dir sir, is it possible get exaples or sources to connect swelio in lazarus. I want to make software for non proffit organisation

thanks

TinyPortal © 2005-2018