Recent

Author Topic: subprogram declaration visible on the Source Editor window  (Read 2343 times)

scasparz

subprogram declaration visible on the Source Editor window
« on: January 07, 2018, 05:07:50 pm »
Hi guys,

Am using Lazarus 1.8 on Mint XFCE 18.2. Just a couple of  silly questions please:

1. On the Source editor window, whenever a subprogram occupies more than one screen page in length, the editor provides me with the declaration of the subprogram at the top window line. When I change page, this declaration remains visible at the top. Have taken a look on the tools - options - editor tab, clearly the "Show scroll hint" does not seem the appropriate method to rid myself from this. Is there anything else I could use for the purpose?

2. Just from pure curiosity, is there a way to bring back the good old show compiler progress dialog just as it used to be on the Lazarus versions of the past? Have seek for a relative setting on the project - project options - compiler have found nothing. Anything I can do?

I understand am a bit capricious here, still I would appreciate your help.

regards
s
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:09:56 pm by scasparz »

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: subprogram declaration visible on the Source Editor window
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 05:13:19 pm »
1) "Show Class/Proc hint"  in Options: Editor >Display

2) AFAIK not

howardpc

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 05:19:56 pm »
1) There is also under the Mouse/Completion and Hints node an Auto Display Function Prototypes option

2) Only by going back to an earlier version of Lazarus which supported this (0.9.x?).
The closest you can get now is checking the Show FPC message "lines compiled" option under the  Environment/Messages Window node.

scasparz

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 05:22:45 pm »
Thanks mates, both worked as a breeze.  ;D

regards
s
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:24:31 pm by scasparz »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018