Recent

Author Topic: Trying to port over SynHighlighterYAML, but running into problems  (Read 3430 times)

kveroneau

I noticed that the SynEdit provided in Lazarus is a fork from a previous version of SynEdit for Delphi, is this correct?  If so, it is possible to perhaps merge in the newly added highlighters, such as the YAML one?  I copied the .PAS file from the source distribution of SynEdit on SourceForge, at first I was missing the SynEdit.inc file, which I quickly found in my Lazarus source tree.  After bringing it into my project code, the unit failed to compile as the parent class of TSynCustomHighlighter in the official SynEdit distribution has some additional variables and method calls.

My current option is to rewrite the YAML formatter from scratch and using the SynEdit version as a reference.

Are there any plans to port in the newer highlighters from the official SynEdit source distribution?

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Trying to port over SynHighlighterYAML, but running into problems
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 12:12:41 am »
There are 1 or 2 reports in the bugtracker, with some already ported (not sure how up to date).

If you port it, including an icon (matching current icons) for component palette, then it can be added to lazarus.

The wiki has a tutorial (see also example folder in laz source / it has the link to the wiki). this explains how the HL works.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018