Recent

Author Topic: Conflict between Lazarus IBConnection and IBX IBConfigService  (Read 1878 times)

RedOctober

Conflict between Lazarus IBConnection and IBX IBConfigService
« on: January 12, 2018, 04:44:06 am »
Platform:  Windows Server Essentials 2016,  Lazarus 1.8,  FPC 3.04

I'm using the IBConnection component that comes with Lazarus.  It works correctly.  I have installed IBX components, 2.0.1 into the LCL.   I now place a  IBConfigService component in my project.  I connect it once and disconnect it.  After that, I can never again connect to my IBconnection component, that was working correctly just before.

What am I doing wrong?  A sample project is attached.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

dsiders

Re: Conflict between Lazarus IBConnection and IBX IBConfigService
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:09:11 am »
Platform:  Windows Server Essentials 2016,  Lazarus 1.8,  FPC 3.04

I'm using the IBConnection component that comes with Lazarus.  It works correctly.  I have installed IBX components, 2.0.1 into the LCL.   I now place a  IBConfigService component in my project.  I connect it once and disconnect it.  After that, I can never again connect to my IBconnection component, that was working correctly just before.

What am I doing wrong?  A sample project is attached.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I don't believe sqldb and ibx are going to peacefully co-exist. sqldb (IBConnection) is dynamically loading the IBASE60DYN library. IBX uses another mechanism. You'll probably have to pick one or the other. I'm using IBX and it works quite well... even with Firebird 3.

Don
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

TinyPortal © 2005-2018