Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Using CCR.Exif in Lazarus.  (Read 7267 times)

Hopestation

[SOLVED] Using CCR.Exif in Lazarus.
« on: January 12, 2018, 08:16:24 pm »
Hi.

Has anyone used this Delphi program in Lazarus.

I tried converting some of the projects to Lazarus and got errors each time in every line in CCR.Exif.inc referring to compiling options.

Are these relevant to Lazarus?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:17:15 pm by Hopestation »

wp

Re: Using CCR.Exif in Lazarus.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:55:19 pm »
I tried, but was not successful either. Maybe gave up too early...

In the meantime I wrote my own Exif library (https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/fpexif/) which was more rewarding than fixing compilation issues. There is one problem left before making a formal announcement: editing of Exif data may destroy the MakerNotes. But if you only want to read it should work, just look at the examples provided.

molly

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:11:29 pm »
Same results here. I end up with missing TWideString and TWideStringsList. Theoretically those can be added from mike's implementation, but i stopped there. fwiw using fpc compiler.

You can get a lot further by excluding the delphi specific stuff from the .inc file. Leaving you with some minor changes (except for the widestrings mentioned above).

Hopestation

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 03:37:43 pm »
Hi. Thanks for your replies.

I am using Lazarus Version #: 1.6.2, FPC Version3.0.0, SVN Revision 53354, x86_64-wind64-wind32/wind64.

I have downloaded all the files on the web page into a directory called pfexif, apart from FPEXIF.pas,  with sub-directories: Simple and Metadata Viewer for two of the examples, where I have loaded the respective files.

I have tried to run the Simple example but get the message:

fpeutils.pas(89,57) Error: Identifier not found "TStringArray"

Have I done something wrong?

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 03:57:55 pm »
You are not using current versions. That's what is wrong (should be Laz1.8/FPC 3.0.4)
Anyway TStringArray is simply Array of string; so declare:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. type
  2.   TStringarray = array of string;

But better to upgrade: it's free... And this declaration is not necessary...
Specialize a type, not a var.

molly

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 04:08:52 pm »
Have I done something wrong?
uhm... no not really  :)

It is just that your lazarus/fpc is a little outdated (as mentioned by Thaddy).

You can make a quick fix though:
- inside fpeutils.pas around line 36 there is the definition "TStringArray = array of string;"
- directly underneath that line you can read "{$ENDIF}"
- make it so that the {$ENDIF} is above the line where it reads "TStringArray = array of string;"
- save your chnages
- build your project.

wp

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 05:10:34 pm »
I added the declaration of TStringArray if the fpc is 3.0 or less. Now the package compiles with all versions down to Laz 1.2/fpc2.6.2. But like the others, I highly recommend the upgrade to Laz 1.8.

I don't fully understand what you were doing, but I get the impression that you are copying things around. Don't do this. The package files rely on the directory structure given. If you don't work with svn it may be a bit hard to download the files that I linked to: you must download the entire ccr repository and extract from the zip file only the projects that you need (here: components/fpexif). To help you I am attaching a zip of the current fpexif sources alone. Just unzip it, open and compile the file fpexif_pkg.lpk, no need to install anything. Then you can run the examples. Please note that I had to remove the test images and test projects in order to comply with the file size restriction of the forum.

Hopestation

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 08:21:36 pm »
Thanks WP.

After installing version 1.8.0 I've got the Simple program working.

It's introduced me to some features I've not come across before:

The use of MainForm.runbefore and ini files. You don't actually name the ini file in the file,
   but it finds it anyway.

I tried to reduce the width of the main frame and found that the components all moved
   with the right hand side. I've always put controls where I wanted them. I found the main
   form property "ChildSizing". Is this what is proportioning the size of the memo when I
   reduce the form width?

wp

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 10:17:15 pm »
The controls are anchored to each other. Use the anchor editor ('...' button next to property Anchors). See http://wiki.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Anchor_Editor or http://sheepdogguides.com/lut/lt2Nd.htm. A general and well-written article about auto-sizing is http://wiki.freepascal.org/Autosize_/_Layout.

The ini file is created from the name of exe, replacing the extension by '.ini'. See function CreateIni. Please note that this practice is not recommended for a "real" application because usually it is not allowed to write into its exe folder. In the general case, use GetAppConfigDir() (http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/rtl/sysutils/getappconfigdir.html) instead.

"BeforeRun" is not a built-in method. It is declared in the public section of the form and called in the project file (.plr) before "Application.Run" - that's why it is named like this. At this time, the form is fully created, and I use this to read the ini file. Usually people do this in one of the form's events (OnCreate, OnActivate), but I think it is clearer this way.

Hopestation

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 07:16:12 pm »
Thanks for that detailed explanations WP.

Iv'e now got my program to change photo file names to date-time+.jpg working.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:24:20 am by Hopestation »

Hopestation

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 10:38:14 am »
I thought that I had completed my program until I tried to use the RenameFile function and it failed. I thought that I might have made the jpg files read-only, but they are not. I thought that maybe the file I was trying to rename was still open, but as far as I can tell, using LoadfromFie is a single operation.

My form has a File List Box and a List Box. I load the file names from my chosen directory into the former and then take each file name in turn, find its original date from the Exif data and create a new name. finally I rename the original file. The List Box contains the original file name and new file name for each file.

My code is below:-

procedure TMainForm.BtnLoadClick(Sender: TObject);
var
  i, N: Integer;
  lTag: TTag;
begin
  ListBox.Clear;

For N := 0 to FileCount - 1 Do
  begin
    OldName := FileListBox.Items[N];

if FImgInfo = nil then FImgInfo := TImgInfo.Create;
    try
      FImgInfo.LoadFromFile(ExpandFileName(OldName));
      if FImgInfo.ExifData <> nil then
      begin
        if FImgInfo.HasExif then
        begin
          for i:=0 to FImgInfo.ExifData.TagCount-1 do
          begin
            lTag := FImgInfo.ExifData.TagByIndex;
            if lTag.Name = 'DateTimeOriginal' then
            begin
              NewName := lTag.AsString + EdtSuffx.Text + '.jpg';
              ListBox.AddItem(OldName + ':  ' + NewName, Nil);
              Continue;
            end;
          end;
        end;
      end;
    except
      EdtDatTim.Text := 'ERROR';
    end;
    if not RenameFile(OldName, NewName) then
     MessageDlgPos('Unable to rename file'+OLDNAME,mtWarning,[mbOK],0,100,200);
  end;
  FileListBox.UpdateFileList;
end;

Is there a mistake?

Thanks.

wp

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 10:56:23 am »
At first, please edit your previous post and put the code part between [ code] and [ /code] tags (without the space after "[" - the sudden appearance of italic text indicates that some index [ i] has been swallowed by the forum software and been mis-used to start italic formatting.

Then, if possible, I'd appreciate if you'd assemble a little demo project which compiles and shows the same error. Pack *.pas, '*.lfm, '*.lpi and *.lpr files into a common zip which you can upload here under "Attachments and other options".

wp

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 03:38:09 pm »
I added a new example project, "file_renamer", to the fpexif project; it reads the EXIF date/time and adds it to the original filename of an image.

Hopestation

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 06:16:18 pm »
Thanks for the renamer example. It gave me the answer to my problem.

I noticed that you had used:   DATETIME_MASK = 'yyyymmdd-hhnnss'; and this is the format that is used in the new file name.

I had taken the format straight from the date tag, which gave me a new file name of:

'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.jpg'

When I changed the ':' to '-' the renaming worked.

Also, I have tried to use the ShellTreeView in the past without success, so that has been a help also.

I don't know why part of my code was in italics. It was a straight Cut&Paste from the Lazarus editor.

Thanks again for your help.

howardpc

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 06:29:50 pm »
I don't know why part of my code was in italics. It was a straight Cut&Paste from the Lazarus editor.

The forum software treats [ i ] (without the spaces inserted between [  i and ]) as an instruction to start italicising text display.
So a Pascal array index using "i" as the index variable is doomed... unless you artificially insert spaces.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018