Recent

Author Topic: What's difference between CGI and Custom CGI aplication?  (Read 2350 times)

egsuh

What's difference between CGI and Custom CGI aplication?
« on: January 30, 2018, 08:47:04 am »
When I create "New Project", I can choose "CGI application" or "Custom CGI application". What are the differences?

And it says that the source codes of CGI or FastCGI applications are automatically maintained by Lazarus. What does this mean? Do you keep a copy of all the source codes of units related with CGI / fCGI applications?

Regards,

Maris

Re: What's difference between CGI and Custom CGI aplication?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 03:22:06 pm »
Not sure if you already found out, but based on LazWeb description, difference between (F)CGI and Custom(F)CGI is that Custom does not use TFPWebModule object in application. You can see this difference right away after you create project.

If I'm not mistaken this is just an abstraction layer which makes CGI programming much easier. Maybe somebody who has experience in Lazarus CGI programming can describe this in more details.

"The program source is automatically maintained by Lazarus" is about source of your program and Lazarus/FPC units. Exactly the same like any application in Lazarus.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:38:18 pm by Maris »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018