Forum > Databases

DBGrid causes Segmentation Fault

(1/4) > >>

r.lukasiak:
Hi everybody!

I'm using Lazarus 1.8.0 on Gentoo Linux.
I'm making some app using SQLdb and Postgresql. I put DBGrid on the form, execute simple query like SELECT * FROM Table and Run the app, DBGrid shows results but whenever I touch it (scroll up/down, click on any row) I get

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Project app raised exception class 'External: SIGSEGV'.Few months ago I was making the same on Lazarus 1.6.4 and everything was fine. When I open the old app on 1.8.0, everything is ok. When I open the new app on 1.6.4, I get the same problem. Only app made from 0 on 1.6.4 doesn't cause any problems.
I also tried Lazarus 1.8.0 with Ubuntu, with the same problem. It looks like the 1.8.0 version is a problem, but I can't figure out why.
Has anyone had this issue? Any clues?

greetings,
Robert

Paul Reeves:
I'm running into the same problem with 1.8.4 on opensuse leap 42.3

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

zeljko:
Anyone tested with 2.0 or trunk ?

Paul Reeves:
I just tried with 2.0.0. Same problem.

It is fairly vanilla code - just a button to connect to the db and execute a query.

The components are just an ibconnection, sqltransaction, sqlquery, datasource and dbgrid, all hooked up with default settings. The query executes fine. I can move from column to column on the first row, but as soon as I try to leave the first row with either the mouse or the keyboard - Wham! app disappears.

Paul Reeves:
I tried the same code under windows with Lazarus 2.0 with yet again the same results.

In the assembler window I have this:

00000001001FD136 e865fdffff               callq  0x1001fcea0 <DB$_$TDATASOURCE_$__$$_DISTRIBUTEEVENT$TDATAEVENT$INT64>

which seems to be called in procedure

TDataSource.ProcessEvent(Event : TDataEvent; Info : Ptrint);

but the debugger doesn't actually stop on a line of code.

I set breakpoints on the three calls to ProcessEvent and none of them get hit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version