Recent

Author Topic: Stringgrideditor (example) behavior [Solved]  (Read 1375 times)

jbmckim

Stringgrideditor (example) behavior [Solved]
« on: February 13, 2018, 06:59:22 am »
The stringgrideditor exampl and my stringgrid project behave differently with regard to how individual cells are used for data entry.

In the stringgrideditor, single clicking on a cell will begin the editing process.  That is, if the cell is a pull down and the user single clicks the cell, the pull down button will be displayed.  In my app, the user must click the button once to bring focus to the desired window and then click again to display the pull down window.  There are a lot of implemented events in the example and string grids (and columns) have quite a few properties.  I'm not sure where to look to identify the difference, as I'd like to emulate the user experience in the example.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:30:47 pm by jbmckim »

wp

Re: Stringgrideditor (example) behavior
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:27:08 am »
In the gridexample which comes with Lazarus, the option goAlwaysShowEditor is turned on. Remove this checkmark in the grid's Options, and you will need a second click to show the dropdown button.

jbmckim

Re: Stringgrideditor (example) behavior
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 06:29:49 pm »
Perfect. 

Just to be clear for others later, I was looking for the single click option.  My version of the string grid that loaded with 1.8.0 had goAlwaysShowEditor unchecked by default.  Therefore, I had to check it to get the behavior I was looking for.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018