Recent

Author Topic: GLScene on Lazarus+Mac  (Read 2526 times)

marcou

GLScene on Lazarus+Mac
« on: February 14, 2018, 06:05:47 pm »
Hi,

I am trying to install the latest GLScene on Lazarus1.8+FPC3.0.4 on mac. And the package does not compile. I got the following message:

Error: assembler: error: unsupported directive '.stabs'. Hint: Use another type of debug info.

I compile from the Package Manager.

I tried to compile with Dwarf/Dwarf2 option, or without debugging information at all without success. I also tried to pass the -gw option through the personalized options. No success.

I tried to Compile, Clean Compile, Recompile everything that is requisite without success. In the process LCL and FCL was recompiled too (but this part seems to work).

Does anyone has an idea?

Thanks in advance,
Gille Marcou

marcou

Re: GLScene on Lazarus+Mac
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 09:49:34 am »
Hi,

I found the origin of the problem. Lazarus comes with the package ImagesForLazarus which is distributed for Mac compiled with stabs (-gs option). It is needed to open this package and change the debugger option to automatic (-g) option, then compile this package.

I have now problems with UTF8 functions not found while compiling GLScene, so the story is not over for me. However, I open a bug report for this now.

As I understand, the take home message is: if you get stabs error, look for units previously compiled with -gs option.

Ciao,
Gilles Marcou

dicepd

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 10:42:39 am »
There is a thread on the various changes you need to make to get it to compile.

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,36796.0.html

I could not have helped you with stabs problem as no macs here
Lazarus 1.8rc5 Win64 / Linux gtk2 64 / FreeBSD qt4

marcou

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 01:34:43 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. And I'll certainly add a post to this topic.

Yet, the core of the problem comes from a component shipped with Lazarus, not from GLScene. Thus, I think the post is also of more general interest.

Ciao,
Gilles Marcou

dicepd

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 01:38:28 pm »
Good luck with the version that come with Lazarus, I never got it to work under *nix, win32 yes but it did not behave under *nix
Lazarus 1.8rc5 Win64 / Linux gtk2 64 / FreeBSD qt4

TinyPortal © 2005-2018