Recent

Author Topic: Can't open the file .xls  (Read 3294 times)

wofs

Can't open the file .xls
« on: February 24, 2018, 09:19:04 pm »
Good day! There is a file that I cannot open using FPSpreadsheet. Please help in solving the problem.
https://yadi.sk/d/2tUgPOXJ3SjnKU

If you open the file in LIbreOffice and save it without changing the format (.xls), the file is opened by using FPSpreadsheet correctly.

p.s.
wp, if you don't mind - please give a link to .exe BIFFEplorer. From source codes not can muster in 1.9.0
-----
Best Regards, Alexander D.

wp

Re: Can't open the file .xls
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 10:03:02 am »
This is a very complex file containing many un- or partly supported features: outlines, images (http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/FPSpreadsheet#Progress_by_supported_cell_content), macros, filters. Unfortunitely I don't have the time at the moment to focus at this issue, but you could help me if you try to reduce the size and remove features until fpspreadsheet can read it? For example, pages 2 and 3 can be removed, and the bug still exists. I don't know how you inserted the image in the top-left corner of page 1, I cannot remove it. Send the smallest file which still shows the issue. Please don't upload the file to an external server or some "cloud" because the attachment probably won't be available some time in the future, and this makes this thread useless. Upload the file here under "Attachments and other options" (you will have to zip the file, because the forum software does not accept all file types).

As for biffexplorer: No, there is no exe, you must compile it yourself. I just checked it with Laz 1.9 and Laz 1.8 again, and it compiles fine. You must install the KControls and VirtualTreeView (v5.5.3). Use Online Package Manager to get them. (If you have Laz 1.9 you can also use the VirtualTreeView which is bundled with Lazarus now, install it via "Install/uninstall packages")

wofs

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 08:19:33 pm »
Please don't upload the file to an external server or some "cloud" because the attachment probably won't be available some time in the future, and this makes this thread useless.
I'm sorry, I'm gonna fix this!
I attach 2 files - one incorrect, the second correct.
The difference between them is in the note in the k2 cell.
-----

wp

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 11:38:43 pm »
Please try the new revision 6214. Your file has a strange order of records for cell comments. I fixed the crash due to the CONTINUE record, but did not fix the cell comment record order which I don't understand; therefore, the cell comments do not appear when fpspreadsheet reads the file.

wofs

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 01:21:51 pm »
Please try the new revision 6214.
Perfect! Many thanks!
-----

TinyPortal © 2005-2018