Recent

Author Topic: [solved] Strange effects with Splitter FPGui  (Read 9599 times)

relocate

[solved] Strange effects with Splitter FPGui
« on: March 01, 2018, 11:37:46 am »
Hi there,
may be Graeme reads this also.

Sorry, I don't know how to report a bug with any system (may be someone who knows this can do this), because I'm not a true coder only an admin who makes some little tools to easyup his life.

So now to the topic.

The splitter can be pulled over the borders of it's window/client on the site where it is not aligned to.
In the first pic the Splitter demo starts.
In the second pic one can see, that the splitter has been moved up more than it should be.
So the in third pic is allready everything messed up.
And in the fourth pic you see, it can even be pushed over the boundaries of the window.
You can release it there an cannot get it back, so it is out of reach.
Unfortunately there is no onMove Event, so no workaround seems to be possible.

Greetings relocate
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:20:05 am by relocate »
OS, Lazarus, FPC: Win (no Lazarus, FPC 2.4.4) | CPU-Target: 32Bit

relocate

Re: Strange effects with Splitter FPGui
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:19:09 am »
Thanks for 42 Views...  ;)
with no reply...  :-\

I've managed to create a workaround with the onPaint Event of the mainform.
As I have only one Splitter it works, yet I don't know how I would solve something like the demo.
Fortunately I don't need it by now.

So I would appreciate, if someone with a github account could post this issue there
https://github.com/graemeg/fpGUI/issues
wether it will be solved or not, but so it gets a chance to.

Thank you for listening...

relocate

Re: [solved] Strange effects with Splitter FPGui
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 08:43:24 am »
Oh, I've forgotten, due to I've have a signature with this informations on another board.

I'm using the latest FPGui release with FPC 2.4.4 on Windows.

TRon

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 02:13:43 pm »
Latest (official) release of fpGUI is version 1.4.1 from  sep 2015. Trunk is newer. Which branch are you using ?

Unfortunately the official support pages are hosted at sourceforge and currently missing in action for me (SF has issues lately).

As an alternative, you can use this page to access the news-server from Graeme (or point your nntp news-reader to here). It is the official way to get support for fpGUI. fpGUI experts do not always have time to read the forums here.

relocate

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 07:06:27 am »
Latest (official) release of fpGUI is version 1.4.1 from  sep 2015. Trunk is newer. Which branch are you using ?

That's what I'm using.

Unfortunately the official support pages are hosted at sourceforge and currently missing in action for me (SF has issues lately).

The files on github (which I suppose are the latest) are the same for the splitter. I cannot fully use them, because for example the listview doesn't work with my version of freepascal. For some reason I have to use this version, because other parts of my units wouldn't work with a newer version, and I haven't the time to work on them.

As an alternative, you can use this page to access the news-server from Graeme (or point your nntp news-reader to here). It is the official way to get support for fpGUI. fpGUI experts do not always have time to read the forums here.

That's why I asked for someones help with a github account.

Thanks for the reply

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 03:58:15 pm »
The splitter can be pulled over the borders of it's window/client on the site where it is not aligned to.

Apologies for the late reply - I don't read these forums very often. Anyway, I could reproduce the issue you mentioned, and fixed it in the 'maint' and 'develop' branch. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

In future, I highly recommend you report bugs via Github [https://github.com/graemeg/tiopf/issues] or on the official Support newsgroup [news://geldenhuys.co.uk] - I read those daily.

Regards,
  Graeme
--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

relocate

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 09:43:25 pm »
Small thing big effect, thanks a lot.  :D

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 05:03:00 pm »

The files on github (which I suppose are the latest) are the same for the splitter.

I know this the issue has been resolved, but I though I would comment on the info above.

SourceForge.net has lots of outages and their Git hosting is dog slow. Github is good, but not sure for how long - with Microsoft's take-over everything normally goes to s**t pretty soon after.

With that, I now host fpGUI on my own server (git clone git@geldenhuys.co.uk:fpgui) and SourceForge & Github only serve as public mirror repositories. This has many benefits for managing the project, as I can now give read/write git access per directory or even per file, where you can't with SF.net or Github. Also no countries are blocked from accessing fpGUI. I haven't yet, but I also plan on moving the fpGUI website and Bug Tracker to my server too (and then disable those services on SF.net and Github).

As for which branches of fpGUI to use.
  "master" is the last stable released branch
  "maint" is the latest stable branch and a lot more up-to-date than "master" at the moment.
  "develop" is the bleeding edge branch where most of the work is happening these days.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 05:05:31 pm by Graeme »
--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

TinyPortal © 2005-2018