Recent

Author Topic: Fatal message after changing Mac operating system  (Read 2075 times)

Cavender

Fatal message after changing Mac operating system
« on: March 29, 2018, 10:07:07 pm »
I was recently forced to replace Mountain Lion on my Mac with El Capitan.  Before that, I was writing and compiling fpc programs in Lazarus and running them, all with little trouble.  Now, when I try to compile, a message like this always comes up in the messages window,

pastry.lpr(10,3)Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping

and the line of code in question (10 in this case) is painted orange.  I have tried compiling several programs that compiled with no problem in the past.  There is always the Fatal message and the orange stripe. In one case, I got the stripe to move from one command to another by resequencing commands in my code.

Phil

Re: Fatal message after changing Mac operating system
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 10:13:39 pm »
I was recently forced to replace Mountain Lion on my Mac with El Capitan.  Before that, I was writing and compiling fpc programs in Lazarus and running them, all with little trouble.  Now, when I try to compile, a message like this always comes up in the messages window,

pastry.lpr(10,3)Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping

and the line of code in question (10 in this case) is painted orange.  I have tried compiling several programs that compiled with no problem in the past.  There is always the Fatal message and the orange stripe. In one case, I got the stripe to move from one command to another by resequencing commands in my code.

Not enough information.

Did you reinstall the Xcode command line stuff (linker, assembler, etc.)? You have to do that.

Cavender

Re: Fatal message after changing Mac operating system
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 10:23:40 pm »
Thanks, everyone.

I had downloaded fpc 3.0.4 but had not installed it.  Now with that done, I seem to be up and running again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018