Recent

Author Topic: Adding / Installing new packages on Windows and Raspberry Pi  (Read 2768 times)

Efcis

Adding / Installing new packages on Windows and Raspberry Pi
« on: April 01, 2018, 04:08:01 pm »
Hi

Total newbie here. Be kind ;-)

I intend to build a small project on Raspberry Pi with a small touch screen to display data coming from an Arduino with a USB/serial link.

But, to make things easier (and faster), I intend to develop first on Windows, and recompile on RasPi, once it works.

For now, I want to use a "LED bar graph" on my form. It looks like such a component isn't included in the standard Lazarus installation (1.8.2 here).

From the wiki pages, I found TuELed (I understand it's not a bar graph, but I can deal with it) in uE Controls here (https://github.com/mriscoc/uEControls), but I'm stuck here :

- How to "install" the packages (is it the correct word ?) related to TuELed so I can use it on my Windows setup ? It seems to require BGRABitmap, but I face the same issue : How to install it ?

- I guess I will have to repeat this operation on the RasPi to compile my project on it ? Is it the same procedure as Windows ? Are all such components OS-independent ?

Thanks !

Josh

Re: Adding / Installing new packages on Windows and Raspberry Pi
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 04:22:43 pm »
Hi

I think the easiest approach is to use the Online Package Manager.

You will need to install it first,

Link to its wiki

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Online_Package_Manager

In most cases it will also install dependencies if needed.

Hope that gets you started

The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

Efcis

Re: Adding / Installing new packages on Windows and Raspberry Pi
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 05:36:41 pm »
Hi Josh

Works great for Windows. Will see for RasPi a bit later ;-)

Thanks

TinyPortal © 2005-2018