Recent

Author Topic: Any way (other than the EXE installer) to set file associations?  (Read 3157 times)

hayanninja

I've recently been using fpcupdeluxe to install Lazarus, which unlike the EXE installer, does not set file associations properly. Is there any way to do this post-install, other than manually setting them one by one?

(If not, this is definitely a feature that Lazarus needs to add!)

taazz

Re: Any way (other than the EXE installer) to set file associations?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 04:15:58 am »
please provide you patches to the bug tracker.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

hayanninja

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 12:17:14 pm »
This might actually be something within my capabilities, so I'll gladly look into it, once I have solid confirmation (rather than just implied) that it doesn't already exist somewhere and I'm just overlooking it.

At the same time: Any file types to be aware of that wouldn't be obvious from a quick look at the Open dialog?

taazz

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 02:08:50 pm »
This might actually be something within my capabilities, so I'll gladly look into it, once I have solid confirmation (rather than just implied) that it doesn't already exist somewhere and I'm just overlooking it.
the installation for windows is made with inno setup (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php) and the file "%%tools/install/win/lazarus.iss" holds the script to build the setup. if you open that file you will a section named [registry]
where all the file associations are listed as keys to the registry.
At the same time: Any file types to be aware of that wouldn't be obvious from a quick look at the Open dialog?
here a link to the lazarus.iss file with all the associations directly from your browser https://github.com/alrieckert/lazarus/blob/master/tools/install/win/lazarus.iss just do a search for assocFile and you will land on them copy them to a .reg file(make sure that you use the correct syntax for .reg files) and double click it to get it installed on windows.

For linux I have no idea and I'd rather not spend time searching for the details. IF no linux guru comes along I might be convinced to give it a go when time permits.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

TinyPortal © 2005-2018