Recent

Author Topic: Installs w brew BUT "carbonproc..Error: identifier not found..."  (Read 3263 times)

tan

I used homebrew to install lazarus 18.0 from cask  after upgrading to MacOS 10.13.3, as nothing else seemed to work.

The install went like a charm, taking care of all manner of things which had tripped me up in the past.  And then Lazarus actually came up beautifully! I was SO excited.

Today I wrote a super simple gui program and I got a cascade of errors from "Compile package LCL 1.8.0.6 Exit cod 256" about "carbonproc.pp(561.15)..identifier not found..."  and "FMGetFontFamilyFromname is deprecated in OSX 10.4.  There's no replacement for the function..."

Suggestions?

I actually "upgraded" to High Sierra specifically because the alternate route to install suggested here said I needed to upgrade Xcode...so I did...and one thing led to another...

Anyway, I am sincerely hoping there is something someone can suggest.  As I said, Lazarus IDE WORKS with all graphics... yet it just can't compile a gui app.

Phil

Re: Installs w brew BUT "carbonproc..Error: identifier not found..."
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 05:19:30 am »
Anyway, I am sincerely hoping there is something someone can suggest.  As I said, Lazarus IDE WORKS with all graphics... yet it just can't compile a gui app.

Sounds like maybe you're compiling for 64-bits, which doesn't make sense for Carbon, which is 32-bit only for GUI.

FPC 3.0.4's default on Mac is now 64-bit, so you need to make sure you're compiling with ppc386, not fpc, in Tools | Options.

If that doesn't help, search the forum -- I seem to recall that being asked before.

Also, 1.8.2 is the current stable version of Lazarus.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018