Forum > Jobs

Build me a dating website using Lazarus and...

(1/3) > >>

RedOctober:
...what ever else gibberish acronym tech you want to throw on top of it.  (Qxotica / Qooxdoo ?).... (anying else?)

I currently use Lazarus 1.8.2 and FPC 3.0.4, so it wd be nice if you could match that, bc I have existing production products I need to support using this version combo, and I've tried to update before and it blew up my code, so I'm kind of reluctant to upgrade unless I really have to.

- I can send you more detailed specs
- Must be professional looking, have security (good auth & auth, but I don't care how you accomplish it)
- Must work and Look good on both desktop and phone (two separate interfaces is ok, or even two completely separate projects)
- Must use Firebird RDBMS. (I can handle / build all the DB stuff)
- Must be scalable to 1,000 users to start with

Options:

- I am the sole owner of the code when you are done.  (Costs me more, but only a one time payout to you)

- I am the sole leasee of the code when you are done.  (Costs me less, but you get continued income stream if the project is adopted by my customers)

I have no idea if this will catch on, and I'm risking my own money, but, I don't expect you to bust your buns for free, so let's keep costs reasonable for me and fair to you.  If his catches on, more money for me means more paid hours for you.

Phil:

--- Quote from: RedOctober on May 28, 2018, 12:40:35 am ---I have no idea if this will catch on, and I'm risking my own money, but, I don't expect you to bust your buns for free, so let's keep costs reasonable for me and fair to you.  If his catches on, more money for me means more paid hours for you.

--- End quote ---

I had to read that topic title more than once. Do you mean a site like one of the many existing dating sites (eg, https://www.okcupid.com)? Why exactly?

RedOctober:

--- Quote from: Phil on May 28, 2018, 12:46:19 am ---I had to read that topic title more than once. Do you mean a site like one of the many existing dating sites (eg, https://www.okcupid.com)?

--- End quote ---

According to Google, there are about 8,000 competing dating websites in the world.

--- Quote from: Phil on May 28, 2018, 12:46:19 am ---Why exactly?

--- End quote ---

If I told you that, I wd be giving away my competitive advantage.

However, I will give you a hint....

A dating website comes closet to what my finished product will be, and everyone knows what a dating website does, how it works etc.  'nuff said.

Also just throwing this in there.. you can include mORMot  in the list of acronyms you can use.  I'm not restricting choices of middle-ware or presentation layer ware.

I must have ownership rights or equivalent access to the source code when done.

Phil:

--- Quote from: RedOctober on May 28, 2018, 02:07:58 am ---A dating website comes closet to what my finished product will be, and everyone knows what a dating website does, how it works etc.  'nuff said.

--- End quote ---

Okay, that makes more sense. Not exactly a dating site, but uses the dating site paradigm / model.

Where do you see Lazarus fitting in? I don't really think Lazarus makes much sense with a Web app except maybe as text editor. With a qooxdoo Pascal->JS project, Lazarus can't even syntax highlight the .json and .scss files that are equally important as the .pas files. Something like Visual Studio Code might make more sense.

Sounds like a fun project for somebody. If you use pas2js on the frontend, you'd be able to do everything in the same language, presumably, if that's important to you for some reason.

Not sure how much Web frontend / OAuth experience you'll find here though.

RedOctober:
You have framed my "challenge" (problem) perfectly.  I don't know much about web apps.  I built a few in Delphi over the years and, other than looking like crap aesthetically, compared to "modern" web pages, they worked well for the task they were put to.

If there are better choices than Lazarus, I'm open to suggestions.  The only times I've used Visual Studio was to install it, then uninstall it, because I used Lazarus to solve my problem instead.

Where else should I be looking for help Phil?  The only reason I was thinking of Lazarus and Pascal was I'm familiar with Pascal.  But if there's a better technology for this kind of thing, then I'm ok with switching.

I was hoping there was maybe a completing "dating site template" already built in some technology that I could use as a base.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version