Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Using IIS, Tomcat and Apache on the same machine?  (Read 4690 times)

egsuh

I know this is not very right place to ask this question, but I found many beginners visit this forum, and hope that this kind of discussion will help many visitors of this forum as well as me.

The question is as the subject says. Is it possible? I read someplace that IIS and Apache can run on the same PC if they use different port numbers (e.g. IIS - 80, Apache - 8080).   Also I know that Apache and Tomcat may run on the same machine. But is it possible to run all three on one machine?  If yes, how should I configure those web-servers / WAS?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 05:12:55 am by egsuh »

taazz

Re: Using IIS, Tomcat and Apache on the same machine?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 02:57:00 am »
this is a socket problem you can run as many web servers as you like as long as they do not cross each others paths that means different port or different cards/ips or both. How to set them up is also a matter of socket programming usually the ports below 1024 are reserved for known/registered services like http, ftp, nntp etc, the ports over 1024 are public to be used by any one, the only thing to check is that there is no other application using the ports you choose eg firebird or any sql server some logging or heart bit services that might be unique in your network etc. if you search the net for known tcp ports you will find a wealth of information on which ports are used by what eg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 10:22:55 pm »
Listen on different ports, you're done. Those 3 are sure possible to change port they listen to.

egsuh

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 05:12:34 am »
Really thank you to both of you, taazz and Leledumbo. It is of great help.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018