Recent

Author Topic: [Solved] Save Lazarus options...  (Read 3671 times)

GypsyPrince

[Solved] Save Lazarus options...
« on: June 19, 2018, 11:00:34 pm »
As I have mentioned in another post, I had to set aside Lazarus for a while and have finally picked it back up to learn it.

I have gotten most of my IDE options and settings just the way I want them, or at least for the time being until I learn something new and find I need a more optimal setting here and there.

Anyway... I have learned how to export the display color settings for my IDE (still can't find the import button). However, I can't find a button to export system options such as customized toolbars, folders and paths, etc. to a file. Is there a feature which allows me to do this? If not, such a feature would be very nice so as to export all my Lazarus system and IDE settings and preferences to an XML file with just 1 or 2 button clicks to avoid having to re-customize everything in such a case where I might later be required to reinstall Lazarus .  Being the professional quality design studio that Lazarus is, I'm guessing there may already be an export/import feature for all these settings and that I just haven't figured it out. Or, do I have to do something like back up an entire directory?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:22:29 pm by GypsyPrince »

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Save Lazarus options...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 02:07:17 am »
All you config is in xml files in the primary config path.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\lazarus
or
~/.lazarus

or you can specify --primary-config-path=

To import colors, put the file into a folder "userschemes" in the above folder.

Most of the files you can copy (or copy xml nodes). Just check for directories.
e.g environmentoptions.xml contains directories that may need to be adapted, if you want to copy between 2 installations.

GypsyPrince

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 03:09:58 am »
"...if you want to copy between 2 installations."

Nah, I just really want to be able to back up my one installation. It takes a lot of work to get it set up the way I work, If all my settings and options are located in that one folder I can deal with backing it up.

Thanks again!

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 11:26:57 am »
"...if you want to copy between 2 installations."

Nah, I just really want to be able to back up my one installation. It takes a lot of work to get it set up the way I work, If all my settings and options are located in that one folder I can deal with backing it up.

Settings are in the XML and dci files (and maybe cfg).
afaik the laz_indentation.pas is for codetools auto indent.

staticpackages.inc are installed packages.

folder projectsessions may have (depending on each projects settings) the session files (lps) belonging to projects.

There may be (on some systems) a tmp folder with .o and .ppu files. This should not be backed up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018