Forum > Suggestions

Show proper version numbers in Lazarus

(1/3) > >>

OLLI_S:
Dear Lazarus Team,

I help improving an update manager (software that checks your system for installed applications and reports updates) by keeping the database up-to-date and by adding new apps to the database.
At Lazarus I saw that the version numbers stored in the EXE (C:\lazarus\lazarus.exe) do not match the version displayed at the website/in the application:

* File version in the lazarus.exe: 1.8.0.5
* Product version in the lazarus.exe: 1.8.0.2
* Version number displayed at your website: 1.8.4The update manager is not able to detect the proper version number (1.8.4) from lazarus.exe
So please store the version 1.8.4 in the lazarus.exe.

Thank you!

Gest regards

OLLI

OLLI_S:
Is there any other file that can be used to read out the version number 1.8.4?
This would really help!
Thenk you!

balazsszekely:

--- Quote ---Is there any other file that can be used to read out the version number?
--- End quote ---
($LazarusDir)\components\ide\version.inc
($LazarusDir)\components\lazutils\lazversion.pas

OLLI_S:
It would be easier when the correct version is stored in the lazarus.exe because the update manager reads this information from EXE files and all other products work this way.

OLLI_S:

--- Quote from: GetMem on July 11, 2018, 12:01:45 pm ---($LazarusDir)\components\ide\version.inc
($LazarusDir)\components\lazutils\lazversion.pas

--- End quote ---

Thank you.
I am currently at work and will test tonight what is listed in those files.

It would be easier when the correct version is stored in the lazarus.exe because the update manager reads this information from EXE files and all other products work this way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version