Recent

Author Topic: 'External: SIGSEGV' under Manjaro  (Read 4618 times)

heillos

'External: SIGSEGV' under Manjaro
« on: July 03, 2018, 11:34:51 am »
Hi,

I'm newbe in Lazarus. I've installed it on Windows and Manjaro KDE. Under Windows all works OK (as so far), but under Manjaro KDE I'm getting error: Project project1 raised exception class 'External: SIGSEGV'. At address 7FFFF532F45E during quitting. Always. Even when I run empty project with 1 empty form.

What's wrong?

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: 'External: SIGSEGV' under Manjaro
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 11:45:10 am »
I suspect some GTK dependencies are not resolved since you are using KDE, which uses Qt I believe.
Install lazarus with the Qt widget set, maybe? But I never use KDE not Qt anymore for some years.
Specialize a type, not a var.

heillos

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 08:37:50 pm »
I suspect some GTK dependencies are not resolved since you are using KDE, which uses Qt I believe.
Install lazarus with the Qt widget set, maybe? But I never use KDE not Qt anymore for some years.

I've installed lazarus-qt5 package, not gtk

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 05:57:09 am »
That info alone is not enough to know what causes the SIGSEGV. Recompile the IDE with debug profile and reproduce, you should get a proper stacktrace to report.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 11:45:22 pm »
I've installed lazarus-qt5 package, not gtk
This new bug report is very likely about the same issue. I also experience it.
 https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=33667
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Lutz Mändle

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 01:18:31 am »
On openSUSE Tumbleweed the same problem occurs since KDE-Plasma 5.13. I've found a workaround by unsetting the environment variables KDE_FULL_SESSION, DESKTOP_SESSION and XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 01:06:56 pm »
On openSUSE Tumbleweed the same problem occurs since KDE-Plasma 5.13. I've found a workaround by unsetting the environment variables KDE_FULL_SESSION, DESKTOP_SESSION and XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP.
What do those environment variables do?
How can they affect LCL-QT5?
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Lutz Mändle

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 02:00:32 pm »
I've observed, if I'm logged in via ssh and started a lcl-qt5 application the error doesn't occur. The desktop environments and software release levels on both machines are more or less identical. So I've investigated the environment variables. In a ordinary local session the mentioned environment variables are set to these values:

KDE_FULL_SESSION=true
DESKTOP_SESSION=/usr/share/xsessions/plasma5
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE

In a remote session these variables are not set (why ever) and then the error not happens. If I unset these variables in a local session (all of them) the error is suppressed.

Unsetting these variables has some side effects. I'm using a german desktop and menu shortcuts with the control key like ctrl+c, ctrl+v, ctrl+x and so on are displayed as strg+c, strg+v, strg+x etc. Also the bitmaps on standard buttons (ok, cancel, close) are adapted to standard icons from the desktop theme. If the environment variables are unset, the menu shortcuts and button bitmaps are not changed to the local desktop settings.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018