Recent

Author Topic: typ pas in tachart  (Read 3130 times)

pk2

typ pas in tachart
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:13:14 am »
I have this strange promlem.
I've download typ.pas and place it in numlib_fix beside spe.pas.
Lazarus doesn't find it.
What am I doing wrong? (Lazarus 1.6 in Linux)

VTwin

• Former Turbo Pascal 3 user
Re: typ pas in tachart
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 03:19:56 am »
This needs more information. Are these in your project folder? If not, did you set the project paths? Usually Project > Add Editor File to Project works.
“Talk is cheap. Show me the code.” -Linus Torvalds

Free Pascal Compiler 3.2.2
macOS 12.1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit Cocoa M1)
Ubuntu 18.04.3: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)
Windows 7 Pro SP1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)

wp

Re: typ pas in tachart
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 09:23:50 am »
@VTWin: When you expand the project's search path with the path to package sources you are calling for trouble with the "duplicate units" error. I know delphi does this, but Lazarus uses packages - just add the package to the requirements of a project in order to be able to use its units. No fiddling around with the unit path!

@pk2: Did you recompile the package TAChart? But probably this will not work anyway. "typ.pas" is the central declaration unit numlib used by all other numlib files. So, when you recompile the TAChart package you will also recompile typ.pas, and the compiler will find the other comipiled numlib units to be outdated and will try to compile them as well. But their sources will not be found. It should work when you copy the other numlib files to TAChart as well. But you should be aware: Any change that you make to sources coming with Lazarus will be gone when you update to a new version!

Why do you want to copy typ.pas into the TAChart package?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018