Recent

Author Topic: My Aura Migraine app developed in Lazarus...  (Read 7754 times)

Robert W.B.

• Love my Wife, My Kids and Lazarus/Freepascal.
My Aura Migraine app developed in Lazarus...
« on: July 13, 2018, 01:35:36 am »
Hi. Here is a pix of my new app developed in Lazarus Freepascal.
Thanks to the Lazarus team and Blaazen for some great code.
I'm suffering from severe Aura migraines and now I've done an app to show how it looks when you're undergoing an attack for about 40 minutes. The finished app is a week to get ready. This is a realistic picture of an Auraattack and Auran is developed just like what happens in the eyes ofpeople who have migraine.
I'm also trying to find a way to break the aura.
So after 53 years of aura migraine, I'm heading for a solution to the problem.
It would be nice to be able to put the finished app at your catalog over app developed in Lazarus.
It could help other people to explain with some education, what's going on, when you got aura migraine.
Also at Google playstore.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rwblapps.auramigraine
Best regards
Robert from Sweden

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:01:38 am by R.Blennerhed »
Rob

Phil

Re: My Aura Migraine app developed in Lazarus...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 01:41:02 am »
It would be nice to be able to put the finished app at your catalog over app developed in Lazarus.
It could help other people to explain with some education, what's going on, when you got aura migraine.

I wonder if a better approach might be to submit versions of this to various app stores, eg, Apple, Google, etc.

What platforms does this run on? Do you have or do you plan a mobile version? That would probably be the most effective way of reaching the most people.

I don't think putting it in a list of apps developed with Lazarus would be very effective.

Robert W.B.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 03:00:30 am »
Ah, Ok. I also have an Aura migraine app developed in Java at Google Playstore for android mobiles.
Rob

Phil

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 03:18:14 am »
Ah, Ok. I also have an Aura migraine app developed in Java at Google Playstore for android mobiles.

Ah, excellent. Now on to iOS!

Trenatos

• MarcusFernstrom.com
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 02:50:59 pm »
Bra jobbat Robert!

You can add it to the Wiki yourself if you open an account, it's pretty painless.

Robert W.B.

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 08:03:56 pm »
Thanks Trenatos Phil. I had a really bad Aura migraine today, but i continue developing in a couple of days. I working on a eye theraphy to stop the aura too.
Ios? Yes i can develop to Ios. Are Lazarus stable, to work with on Mac?
In Iphone, I need to develop in Swift and it will be expensive to buy a valid mac and an iphone for that reason, but the thought has crossed my mind.
/Bob
Rob

Trenatos

• MarcusFernstrom.com
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 08:11:49 pm »
I do almost all my development on a Macbook Pro, apart from some Cocoa issues, yeah it works pretty nicely though not as stable as the Windows build at the moment.

I cross compile and just check the output on target machines, it's worked out nicely.

Phil

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 09:15:34 pm »
In Iphone, I need to develop in Swift and it will be expensive to buy a valid mac and an iphone for that reason, but the thought has crossed my mind.

With Xcode on macOS you can do all your development and initial testing in the Simulator and just test against whatever actual iOS devices you can get hold of prior to app submission. Macs are certainly not cheap, but they do last a long time (I'm typing this on a MacBook I bought in May 2009).

Can you list your Android app in more than one category? With Apple's app story you choose a primary and secondary category. Perhaps something like Health and Fitness for the 2nd category?

I think you have a good idea here for an app, one that actually has a purpose and is not just another mindless me-too app. iOS users tend to spend more on apps than Android users and since you're charging a small amount for your app, it would probably do better on iOS than Android if the reports are true:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/07/02/more-than-75-of-nintendos-60m-super-mario-run-global-revenues-came-from-ios

brosco

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 12:44:22 am »
"unfortunately aura migraine has stopped"

downloaded app from google play .

Trenatos

• MarcusFernstrom.com
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 07:29:49 pm »
Works fine on my phone.

Nexus 5X, Android 8.1, bought on the Play Store.

brosco

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 03:07:43 am »
failed on tablet and also under nox - android emulator

Robert W.B.

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 05:10:56 am »
Hi Brosco. Go into preferences, apps and set permission camera to enabled, then the app should work . I don't know why suddenly the camera permissions don't work anymore for the app but i'm working on it! Google have a new nerdy policy where you got to set permission by yourself for apps before api26 or android oreo!
Best regards
 Bob
Rob

brosco

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 03:41:02 am »
thanks for the reply....  the app already shoes camera in permissions.

Robert W.B.

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 06:03:41 pm »
Ok. Is the app working now Bosco?
My Aura migraine app didn't work for me on my Samsung tablet and crashed, so i enabled camera and than it worked.
Also, it didn't worked on my lenovo p2 android 7, but also there i have to enable camera for the app in permissions and then it worked.
This have something to do with Google new neardy permission security policy, so several users seems to not get permission hints from the app since the upgrade policy from google, where apps in google play store, demands every app to target api26.
I am working on a solution.
Regards Bob
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 06:58:22 pm by R.Blennerhed »
Rob

brosco

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 03:24:56 am »
hi again,
sorry... no luck here.

on my samsung phone the app doesnt even show as existing in google play.
on my chinese tablet and on the Nox android emulator it rates as not compatible to my device.

not a big deal.... i was just curious how you displayed them.  i am 70 y.o and have experienced them since i was 14 y.o. they are hard to describe to someone else... they all think a migraine is a headache!!! so i was hopinh your app would help with the explanation.

anyway... i just take an ibuprofen pill and it goes away  in 5-10 minutes  :)

regards
brosco

TinyPortal © 2005-2018