Recent

Author Topic: Is there a way to have the editor draw a focus rect on the current line ?  (Read 3209 times)

440bx

Hello,

I definitely have a tendency of losing track of the cursor location in Lazarus/Synedit.

In the other editor I use, the editor draws a thin rectangle around the line where the caret is (see attachment) and I was wondering if there is some option in the Lazarus editor to do the same.

Thanks.
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

taazz

Hello,

I definitely have a tendency of losing track of the cursor location in Lazarus/Synedit.

In the other editor I use, the editor draws a thin rectangle around the line where the caret is (see attachment) and I was wondering if there is some option in the Lazarus editor to do the same.

Thanks.
yes, see "tools\options","editor\Display\Colors->current line highlight", see the purple underlines in the attached image below.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

440bx

yes, see "tools\options","editor\Display\Colors->current line highlight", see the purple underlines in the attached image below.
Thank you Taazz.  That is great.  You made my day!  No more losing track of the cursor. :)
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

taazz

Thank you Taazz.  That is great.  You made my day!  No more losing track of the cursor. :)
yes the synedit author/maintainer has done an excellent job over the years
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

440bx

yes the synedit author/maintainer has done an excellent job over the years
I completely agree.  That is a very nice component.  Thank you again for your help.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018