Recent

Author Topic: Mimic Windows 10 Acrylic Windows  (Read 2046 times)

guest60499

Mimic Windows 10 Acrylic Windows
« on: August 12, 2018, 02:22:04 am »
Hello,

I apologize for posting in General again. I tried to find a Graphics subforum for this but none seemed to fit.

See the top of this article for an example and see this subheading for the graphics pipeline that generates the effect (this isn't the first time I've seen it, but this is probably the easiest example to reference). This question has some marked similarities to the thread on window darkening and I can definitely foresee the use of the RGBA controls but I would like some clarification about statements made in the other thread:
  • Could this effect be emulated with all controls?
  • Could this effect work on "all" operating systems?

From the other thread it looks like the answer to both of those is yes with the caveat that one needs to drink the koolaid and use RGBA controls for every element of the form as they interact with each other to do the compositing. Is this true and does it have any other effects I should be aware of?

Is there a best way to get a border that is consistent (as much as possible) with the various operating systems?

Cheers,

jamie

Re: Mimic Windows 10 Acrylic Windows
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 12:07:31 am »
I suppose you can set the control/Form to a transparent brush and then handle the initial Paint event to capture the
background, and have it cross mix with a blur to simulate the effects.

I have experiment some in the past but it usually ends up with a some flicker...
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
Re: Mimic Windows 10 Acrylic Windows
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 12:42:12 am »
BGRAControls it's slow (I'm sorry).

1) Yes, as I explained BGRAVirtualScreen is just a TPanel, can cover all controls if placed over all of them. (not need to use all bgracontrols, it can use LCL controls as well).
2) Tested in Linux and Windows. But in macOS it gives a black Window. And also an interesting effect using Qt, it makes yellow garbage (mixing different parts of the screen due of how LCL works capturing...) (I find this interesting since I'm also an artist).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018